Duster emblems

-

93toyota

Reaction score
got a 71 duster and don't know where to mount them. They are metal and have the 2 nub's on the back. Help out an old Mopar fan will ya :salut:

93toyota said:
got a 71 duster and don't know where to mount them. They are metal and have the 2 nub's on the back. Help out an old Mopar fan will ya :salut:

On my 71 Duster the emblems are all stickers except for the Plymouth emblem on the front of the hood. Althought I really don't know if all 71 dusters where like mine emblem wise!

I'm not aware of any 71 duster emblems that were not decals. 70 models had the metal emblems on the rear of the front fenders. As noted earlier, the only metal emblam I'm aware of is the front and rear Plymouth emblems.

i got a 74 duster with metal emblems on it, they are bolted onto the car behind the front wheels, about a foot behind.

I believe they started using metal emblem on dusters in 1973 one on each fender and one on rear panel. Ive had two 70s and they both had decals only. Except for the plymouth emblems.

If yours was a 73 or 74 then you would have to small holes drilled in the fron fenders a little behind and above the front wheel wells and on the passenger side of the tail panel, since yours is a 71 you need decals not emblems. I guess if you really want to install the emblems (though I don't believe anyone on here would really recommend it, if for no other reason than it couldn't come that way from the factory) I could take a picture of my front fender and include measurements. Let me know.

70 Dusters had a Plymouth emblem on the left front corner of the hood and Valiant emblems on each front fender. Everything else is stickers. 71 had the metal hood emblem also.

here is a 74 duster emblem

MVC-018S.JPG

yeah that would be great. I like the metal emblems anyway. I know it isnt factory, but so what. Could you take one from the rear and other fender too. thanks

-
Back