Duster Fender mounted turn signal location.

-
Finished product. Thanks for all the input everyone.
Signals1.jpg
Painted signals3.jpg
Painted signals4.jpg
Signals2.jpg
Signals3.jpg
Signals4.jpg
Signals5.jpg
Signals6.jpg
Signals7.jpg

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to show where I put the indicators on mine based on the location from another 1970 fender.

20230622_031556.jpg

In case of a non-factory equipped car, installing fender turn signals won't disturb the turn signal flasher unit blinking speed?

I think that T/S flasher units are different for 4 or 6 bulbs, no?

In case of a non-factory equipped car, installing fender turn signals won't disturb the turn signal flasher unit blinking speed?

I think that T/S flasher units are different for 4 or 6 bulbs, no?
Not sure. My 70 did not have them factory installed, BUT did have the pigtails in the fenders. And the flasher speed seems fine.

What are "pigtails"?
Pigtails are the plugs at the end of the wiring that plugs into the signals wires. Many manufacturers over the years have done this for various accessories in their vehicles. Like a set of driving lights on a newer car. it didn't come with them, but the wiring is there if the new owner wants to install them.

Pigtails are the plugs at the end of the wiring that plugs into the signals wires. Many manufacturers over the years have done this for various accessories in their vehicles. Like a set of driving lights on a newer car. it didn't come with them, but the wiring is there if the new owner wants to install them.

20230622_165233.jpg

-
Back