Duster in the Harbor Freight Portable Garage- fits, just barely

-

Schneiderman

Reaction score
Got this portable garage for storing equipment. While I was putting it together I decided to see how well the duster fits in there just for reference. The duster will be going in a real garage to comply with classic car insurance, but if anyone here doesn't have a real garage or something, this is for you.
100_1049.jpg
100_1050.jpg
100_1051.jpg
100_1052.jpg
100_1053.jpg
100_1054.jpg

100_1055.jpg
100_1056.jpg

If you dont mind my asking, how much did you pay and how does it anchor down to the ground?

If you don't have room for that Duster, I'll take it..LOL.Nice looking car!

I've had days I would have killed for a garage that good. It will get you by.

Hagerty states the vehicle can be in a "pole barn." Looks like a pole barn to me. Nice Duster.

The garage was on sale last week for $180, after shipping it was $220 and I used a coupon code to get a $10 gift certificate with it so $210 total. It was delivered very quickly too.

It has stakes but they are not super secure. I'm going to put plywood down over the bottom cross braces and then the weight of the equipment will hold it down.

Like I said I have a real garage for the duster, but lacking a real garage this portable garage would be a good option on the cheap. I don't know what the price of it is when it is not on sale, though. Probably not a whole lot more.

Also I was able to set this thing up by myself. It would be easier with two people, but totally doable by yourself.

I bought one in the fall,to park one of my cars in while I worked on the other over winter.This one is 20x11 and parked my car and motorcycle in it.It held up to this years not so harsh winter.I,ll use it for storage now!.
POPUP GARAGE 011.jpg
POPUP GARAGE 008.jpg

P.S I bought 6,3 foot anchors to hold it down.The shelter came with 8 footlong ones,not good enough.

POPUP GARAGE 011.jpg

POPUP GARAGE 008.jpg

I used that same harbor freight portable garage for my Dart this winter. It was great. I tied a rope from the peak at each end to the front and rear bumper. It held up with 75 MPH winds, as well as it was the perfect shape to allow the snow to fall off, even with a 22" snow fall.

I would highly recommed this to anyone who is looking for a shelter. No room to do any work on the car though

-
Back