Duster mirror??

-

Dusterfreak

Reaction score
Hi, could someone please add picture of a -71 Duster lh mirror? I need a close up of the assembling.. Pretty desperate, thanks guys..

I have a mirror that is from a -68 Dart. Remote cables are too short but I dont have a better option. Problem is, the mirror doesnt fit at all to the door. Is there some kind of plastic/rubber plate missing or what? All a-body mirrors should be the same, am I right?

Is there some kind of plastic/rubber plate missing or what? All a-body mirrors should be the same, am I right?

Yes there is a plate between the door and the mirror. There are two lengths of control cables. The shorter one is for cars with wing windows and the longer one is for cars without wing windows. I found this out when I tried to put the mirror I bought on e bag and the cable was to short.

I think between the mirror and door there should be a plastic type base. (going by my '73 mirror) The base is sandwiched between the mirror and door. I may be able to get pics later today if needed.

The top 2 pics are lh mirrors on Dusters. They are both '73 but different style mirrors. Between the mirror and door is a base made of plastic.

Bottom pic is a base for a mirror; although a different style mirror. Bases are about the same and need to fit the bottom of the mirror you are using.

As mentioned above remote can be too short depending on style.

Attachments

• DSCN1829Comp.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 88
  • DSCN1830Comp.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCN1831Comp.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 88
Thanks guys! I guess I have to make some kind of plate.. wont be easy, tried allready...

-
Back