Duster pop out windows

-

70Duster340

Reaction score
Hello! I'm new to this forum, and have a question about the 70 Duster pop out windows. Mine are not sealing against the weatherstripping. It's new weatherstripping, which I thought would fix the problem. There's about 1/8 inch of clearance on the top of the glass where it should meet with the rubber. Can this be somehow adjusted? The trim panel around the window isn't installed yet, if that makes a difference.

Thanks alot!!!

Do you have a service manual for your car? The procedure should be in there. I found having the parts book is a big help, it has exploded diagrams.

-Daty

OK, checked both my Detroit Iron and Mopar Manual on CD. Only talks about the quarter window that rolls up and down, not the one that pops out. Any other ideas, please?

I don't quite remember how that seal works, but can you adjust the position of the seal by moving the metal strip that it snaps into outboard a little bit?

It has been many years since I had a quarter window out of a Duster body, so I may be full of crap on this. On a hard-top like my Dart, you can pop the seal out and move the trim around a little.

Is there any adjustment in the hinge or latch? Other than that it's possible to adjust the weatherstripping some.

-Daty

Thanks folks! There definitely isn't any adjustment on the latch, so I'll try to adjust the weatherstrip some.

-
Back