duster rear glass install help...!

-

dust-u

Reaction score
i am in the process of trying to install the rear glass on my 72 duster...I have a decent backglass from a 74(are they the same)I will be reusing the old gasket..although its a little stiff it is still pretty pliable..It seems a little tight..with the glass in the channel..I do have some spray silicone and some window "sticks" to aid in the install..can anyone offer me any tips to help the install go a little easier? any suggestions warmly welcomed..:read2:

I paid a guy $40 to do mine,. He used soapy water in a spray bottle....Made it look easy... That was to install new clips ,window ,and trim

I've never taken out the back glass before. Doses the gasket have a locking strip like the front windshield gasket? If so, you pulled it out, right?

yup..lockstrip is out..74 glass same as 72?maybe i just need to work it more?

yup..lockstrip is out..74 glass same as 72?maybe i just need to work it more?
I believe all Duster front and rear glass is the same. As mentioned, lots of soapy water helps. Your old "not as flexible as new" gasket is making the job more challenging. Just so we're clear, you should have the gasket glued into position before installing the glass.

I just puy mine in
used silicone
set bottom od wibdow in weateher srip first then work your way around using the fiber sticks
dont foeget to put moulding clips in before you start
ams after window is in use urathane sealer around unser gasket to stop leaks after installinf lock strip
mike

-
Back