Duster Roll Bar on Ebay?

-
Just bought a Competition Engineering roll bar from summit last friday......looks pretty much like that one...all the bars are 1 3/4...

some kits come with shorter bars going to the rear of the car...the Jegster Kit I bought a few years ago was like that...plus came with 1 1/2 inch bars for tying into frame connectors...and hoop cross brace was 1 1/2 inch diameter also....but that is legal...

Was going to buy a kit from Chasissworks...I was in Sacramento last week...but they did not have one in stock and said it would take them 3-5 days put one together...

Just bought a Competition Engineering roll bar from summit last friday......looks pretty much like that one...all the bars are 1 3/4...

some kits come with shorter bars going to the rear of the car...the Jegster Kit I bought a few years ago was like that...plus came with 1 1/2 inch bars for tying into frame connectors...and hoop cross brace was 1 1/2 inch diameter also....but that is legal...

Was going to buy a kit from Chasissworks...I was in Sacramento last week...but they did not have one in stock and said it would take them 3-5 days put one together...

4 and 6 pt have to be 1 3/4 while 10 and up only need to be 1 5/8 correct? or was that just the hoop?

Are you talking Roll Bars or Roll cages...?

Never seen a 10 pt roll bar....roll cage yes...

roll bars are 1 3/4 tubing....minimum thickness of tubing is .118....but due to variations in tubing...you need to buy .134 tubing to ensure you got the correct thickness....

Before investing in buying or installing a roll bar or cage i would recommend you buy a rule book from the sanctioning body where you are going to be racing.

Are you talking Roll Bars or Roll cages...?

Never seen a 10 pt roll bar....roll cage yes...

roll bars are 1 3/4 tubing....minimum thickness of tubing is .118....but due to variations in tubing...you need to buy .134 tubing to ensure you got the correct thickness....

you knew what i ment... but yes

All materials must be 1 3/4" O.D. x .118" mild steel or .083"
4130 chromoly tubing, except A (hoop brace for seat) which is
1 1/4" O.D. x .118" mild steel or .065" 4130 chromoly tubing.

that is for a roll bar....

When I had my roll bar installed in my 74 Duster I wanted to keep my back seat.
That kit won't allow this.
This is how I bent the bars.

Art Morrison for mine.....they have an option to keep the rear seat by routing the rear tubes through the package tray. Priced in line with everyone else.......if I had to do it over again , I'd probably go moly. I used their 10 point cage and the car is stiffer than a honeymoon prick , but definitely added some mass. They also have options of front tubes going behind or through the dash.

-
Back