Duster sees light of day after 14 months!

-

Divenut

Reaction score
The Duster has been in the garage since May of last year. So much dust it looked like a barn find when I pulled it out this morning! LOL!

As some of you may know, I pulled the transmission to replace the seals and bushings that had been leaking profusely. Also replaced the torque converter with a Hughes 3500 Series unit. Replaced a hemorrhaging rear main seal, new balancer, motor mounts, transmission mount and a bunch of other stuff.

Fired it up few weeks ago only to have the oil pump and intermediate shaft go south when I was gonna tune it up...

Finally got to do a shake down cruise with it this morning and am happy as pigs in poop. Running great, loving the slightly higher stall which flashes right to the 340s sweet spot while maintaining great street manners. It felt great to romp on it again! The fella I spoke to at Hughes nailed it with his recommendation.

This is the first time I've parked it and not have something leaking out of it in years....well actually, ever!

Needless to say, today was a good day. ;)

Gonna wash and shine it then my wife and I are gonna take a nice cruise.

Be well folks,
Pat
20180819_101026.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet,great to see you getting to enjoy your car!
However the whole deal with the thing not leaking would bother me,are you sure there is still fluid in that thing? :)

-
Back