Duster taillight panel removal and replacement

-

Mtrhead

Ace of Spades ♠️
Reaction score
Hello guys need advice on removing a 1972 duster taillight panel...I've removed a 73 before and don't believe I did it the correct way....really need pics...of the corner folds in metal...thanks for any help, Will

20231110_163331.jpg

There’s a sh*t ton of spot welds. I can try to get a picture of the one I took off my 70 a few years ago. Well over 100!

The one I did was like the one that kid did in that video but I think me and him both did a few things incorrect I would love to see the proper way

Lots of work to do it correctly but worth the trouble. There are a ton of spot welds because everything connects to it. It ties the whole back end together.
Looking on AMD website it doesnt appear to have any small filler pieces like some cars do. They do have a couple reinforcement brackets available. Sometimes its easier to just buy new ones than trying to salvage the originals.
Screw everything together and verify trunk lid gap and bumper gaps before welding anything solid.

Fit and install the tail light brackets prior to installing the panel. also Paint all inside of panels being installed first

100_0015.JPG

100_0102.JPG

100_0103 (2).JPG

100_0104.JPG

100_0091.JPG

Wow, nice work as usual Steve!!! I hope to get mine similar...Big Thanks!!!

-
Back