Duster Twister

-

65Vart

Reaction score
Everyone. I have a chance to aquire what looks like a 71 Duster Twister with a 340, 8 3/4, disc brakes. It obviosly it has had the drive train switched since 340s were not offered with the twister package. How do I tell from the FTag if it's a real Twister, how many were made , is it rare? Pic below (straight trade for my 65 more or less) Advice? not sure if I should do it. Its like dumping your innocent girlfriend.

9972l6l_20.jpg

Sorry can,t help with #,s Vart.Hows the unercarriage,frame,trunk?Did you bring a magnet with you?I,d go over that car with a finetooth comb first.You know how well guys are at hiding bad spots on these Canadian cars(rust repair)Need more info on car!I wouldn,t loose any sleep over it!:read2:

Sorry can,t help with #,s Vart.Hows the unercarriage,frame,trunk?Did you bring a magnet with you?I,d go over that car with a finetooth comb first.You know how well guys are at hiding bad spots on these Canadian cars(rust repair)Need more info on car!I wouldn,t loose any sleep over it!:read2:
it's a US car, I have not seen it yet but if I drive to where is (Brighton for you Canadians) and the floor, frame rails trunk are not spotless like he says. I will be pissed.

Everyone. I have a chance to aquire what looks like a 71 Duster Twister with a 340, 8 3/4, disc brakes. It obviosly it has had the drive train switched since 340s were not offered with the twister package. How do I tell from the FTag if it's a real Twister, how many were made , is it rare? Pic below (straight trade for my 65 more or less) Advice? not sure if I should do it. Its like dumping your innocent girlfriend.

Ahhh but there were 340 Twister's produced....just none bound for US dealerships.....I know for sure there were a few 72's produced not sure about 71....There was a thread about this a while back.......

A51 is the fender tag code for the 71-74 Duster Twister package. Incidentally, A59 is the code for the 71-72 Demon Sizzler package, the counterpart to the Plymouth's Twister.

Dumping the innocent girlfriend but nailing her hotter sister...it's more fun to corrupt them yourself, ain't it?
LOL!
Back to reality...the car looks cool, hope it turns out to be as advertised.
Alan

yep as stated A51 is the Twister and A59 is the "Sizzler" as I recently found out.

-RPM

I own a 1971 Twister. A51 is what you are looking for and the slant six was the standard engine with the 318 being optional. Mines a 3 speed stick car with no power anything. The 1971 Twister is the only Twister that came with the sharktooth grille and for some reason the '72's did' not. I've heard that some canadian made or exported Twister's ended up with the 340.

Mine is coded for GA4, dual racing mirrors,318-3speed floor shift (now 4 speed), factory hood pins, twin scoops, and other than that it's very base model down to the bench seat. Mine's a little rough as it was my high school car over ten years ago. Love it to death,,,just gotta get on it.

DusterKrazy, Got a picture of that car? I'd like to see one, particularly detail of the scoop bezels and the mirrors. I'm working on putting together a '71 Duster Twister themed car and details of the originals are hard to find.

65Vart, Hope that car turns out to be solid. I would say that the fender tag wouldn't mean too much anymore since there are a lot of changes from the original stock car. The "Twister" was just a trim package anyway. Good luck and have fun with it!

Take a pic of the fender tag and post it on here please. The car looks really nice. I'd do it as long as it's as described.

DusterKrazy, Got a picture of that car? I'd like to see one, particularly detail of the scoop bezels and the mirrors. I'm working on putting together a '71 Duster Twister themed car and details of the originals are hard to find.

65Vart, Hope that car turns out to be solid. I would say that the fender tag wouldn't mean too much anymore since there are a lot of changes from the original stock car. The "Twister" was just a trim package anyway. Good luck and have fun with it!

Here ya go...

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/26702711@N02/2506532037/in/set-72157605151383467/"]Day after 1/8 mile run on Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3180/2506532037_3c685e9575_m.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@2506532037@@AMEPARAM@@3c685e9575[/ame]

I really need a matching driver's side mirror, but I will have to do without until prices comeback to reality. $125 for a mirror is stupid

-
Back