Duster two tone paint info needed

-
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 1970 Duster without really knowing the specifics about it, other than I wanted it and the price was right. It is painted a white color now but after doing some research of the data plate, I discovered it is a factory two tone paint(V02) car. The colors are HIP Lime Light(FJ5) body with Black(TX9) top. So, like everybody else, I'm interested in production numbers. I did find info that said that 2.2% of '70 Dusters were HIP Lime Light color but how about two tones? It's a 318 with 3 speed floor shift car, not a 340. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1165.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_1172.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 281
Have you found out anything more on the color combo? My 70 is painted the same as yours... Saved it from a salvage yard where it has been since the early 80's. The paint is weathered but it is still the original. Mine also has some sort of Custom Sport Trim package... They have a unique look with this color combo although when mine finally gets painted it will lose the black top.

My car is coded V02 as well and is still wearing what’s left of its original paint. The black painted top is defiantly original to my car. My 70 was also a fairly early build car with a production date of September 27, 1969. I’m assuming that production started sometime in August or maybe July? Maybe the painted top was an option on early Dusters and just didn’t go over well? I’ve seen a few other 70 Dusters with the black painted top… I purchased a red 70 Gold Duster parts car with a black painted top on it.

BTW Nice looking Duster Denny!

Correct its black painted top. It should have the same moldings as a vinyl top car but the roof is painted instead of the vinyl.

-
Back