Duster w/v24 option??

-

71Demon

Reaction score
Anyone know how many 71 Dusters came with the v24 340 wedge hood callout? or How many plum crazy 4 speed v24's in 71?

I can't help you with the V24 option, but only 3.6% were painted in FC7 (Plum Crazy), production numbers show 12,886 for 1971 340 Duster.

That would give you a total of 464 Purple 340 Duster's.
How many with the hood callout?

There's no breakdown available for the exact number of V24 optioned cars, but I had read the estimate is about 10% were optioned as such.

So your thinking 10% of 464.. or 46 v24's in 71? No way to verify v24 numbers??

Any way to know how many plum crazy 4 speeds in 71?

He's saying 10% of 12,886 with V24, I believe. Somewhere in the 1,300 car range, for V24.

Factory documentation is slim for those years.

There is a breakdown for auto and manual trans cars, I don't have access to those at the moment.

Breaking it down to color, trans and option, would be a calculated guess at best, and not a definite number.

There are just too many variables.
How many with white stripes, how many with bucket seats, how many with deck lid spoiler?

The list goes on and on....
Even some manual trans numbers are not broken down to 3 speeds and 4 speeds.

Keep plugging, you will eventually find out bits of info. at a time.

Thanks. I'm guessing it would be a pretty rare Duster anyway being a Plum Crazy 4 speed car with the v24 option.

Indeed it is a rare one, post pics when you get a chance.
I'm actually surprised on the low numbers in that color, 'cuz I personally think the Duster looks great in purple.

In a nutshell, it could be possible (but not likely) that all the purple Duster's had the V24 callout and a 4 speed trans., but there is no way I have found yet to get an actual number, breakdown.

Keep asking, others have there area of knowledge, that could shed more light.

I know of a real '71 340 4 spd Duster plum crazy and the V24 hood. It is pretty rusty and sitting in the weeds. 340 is long gone but still has the 4 spd. and 3.91 rear. I have been trying to buy it for a couple years now.

Thanks Butterduster. I'll keep asking to see if others have more info. If anyone knows something please chime in. Thanks

Hety R72 that sounds like a great find. Good luck on getting it.

Anyone have more info on how many Plum Crazy cars had this option?

-
Back