duster washer bottle mounting

-

psycomopar

Reaction score
Would any one have the measurements for the bolt holes for mounting the windshield washer bottle on a 71 duster and if it matters it has the foot operated washers. Previous person welded the holes up. Thanks in advance.

Here is a pic of the holes on a 1970 duster with the manual pump washers. Dimensions are from the firewall, hope this helps.

Attachments

• 100_0901.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 209
Thanks much. Is that 1" on the left and 1 1\8 on the right? I would assume everyone is in about the spot.

Yes if you could measure yours that would be great. Just to see if they are same. What year is yours? Thanks much

Yes if you could measure yours that would be great. Just to see if they are same. What year is yours? Thanks much

Mine demon is a 71

Rear hole (hole closest to firewall)
Is 7 3/4" from firewall and 6" from driverside fender apron

Front hole is about 8 3/4 forward of the rear hole and 4 3/4" from driverside fender apron

Another measurement for the front hole is 20 3/4" from front upper support brace and 4 3/4" from fender apron

View attachment image.jpg

Hope this helps

I wonder if the assembly line worker just best fit them in place?
My 73 manual system is closer to the firewall than the last picture.

Hmmmm wierd mine is a manual system too

The demon may be different than the duster as its basically a dart front end

Just for reference here is a shot of my 73, I tried to take a picture at the same angle as the previous photo, it is 5 1/2" from the firewall to the back screw.

nOMFaw.jpg

OK here is my early production (July 20, 1970) 1971 Duster 340 with the foot pump washer.
It appears that the screw holes are oriented differently than the later years.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 195
Here is the hole nearest the fire wall.
OK, the photo is a little blurry upon upload. The location of this hole is on center of the hole 13 inches from the firewall and 4 13/16 inches from the fender.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 162
Interesting. Mines also 71 hemi orange duster but build date was later 01\71. Looks like the 4 13\16 from fender is right as 71340demon said the same. So I would say 13 from firewall but where is the other hole for the closest to the fire wall? I wonder if the assembly just eyed it up?

Interesting. Mines also 71 hemi orange duster but build date was later 01\71. Looks like the 4 13\16 from fender is right as 71340demon said the same. So I would say 13 from firewall but where is the other hole for the closest to the fire wall? I wonder if the assembly just eyed it up?

psycho, the one closest to the firewall is 13 inches away as shown in the third photo.
The second hole (closest to the front of the car) is 15 5/8 from the firewall and 6 1/16 from the fender. You can see both holes in the third picture.

4 3/4 is only 1/16 different. Just saying that measurement for both were very close. But between bolt holes is around 8 3/4. So Dfx 340 dusters measurement for the holes can't be correct.

-
Back