dustpan running hot!!!!!!help...!!

-

dust-u

Reaction score
having a cooling issue I need some advise on....? My duster is running hot...last fall I blew an alternator and fried the belt...being a few miles from home i decided to chance makin it to the garage...the car did get hot(in the 220 range) but as it did i shut the car down and let it cool....anyway after replacing the alternator i decided to throw in a new water pump while i was at it....took the car out ...and it ran well ..but seemed to creep up into the 195 range( 180 stat).so...i put in a 165 thermostat foolishly thinking i would compensate...the car runs great but still creeps up into the 195-210 range...I checked the fan clutch and I do run a shroud..Is it possible i popped a head gasket????I dont see any smoke...and it is not using /losing coolant...any ideas on where to start here?the car always liked to run on the warm side and although it does not overheat not maintaining a stable temp does have me a little concerned....comments????

Sounds like the rad is statring to plug up. I had the same problem with my car but it ran at 230. Itried electric water pump and fans, 22" rad to a 26", mechanical water pump and fan, Boiled and flow tested the 26" rad and still no luck. Put the rad out of my buddy"s 68 dart, 22" 3 row. It was almost new. Use a tstat with the center cut out, firsttime out with the new rad and the car ran 160, 180 when it was HOT outside. Am ac water pump will flow more and make sure your rad cap is good. I use a 21 pound cap. Good luck

Did the water pump have the same amount of blades? Some are 6 blade and some are 8 blade.

You don't have a blown head gasket or it wouldn't run right and would probably loose coolant.

ordered a new alum rad...will see what change that has otherwise car runs great....:read2:

-
Back