Dutra exhaust

-

Money Pit

Reaction score
How do I purchase a Dutra exhaust? How do I contact Mr. Dutra? I went to the Slant Six Forum page, clicked on members, clicked on his name, and sent him a pm to his email address. I haven't gotten a response. Does anyone know how I can contact him? Thanks

Money Pit

Be patient! He's a busy guy and will get back to you. Are you looking for a pair of them or a single to use with a modified rear casting

I'm probably looking for a pair. I want to convert to a 4 barrel with an offenhauser manifold. Thanks for the info.

Summit has Hooker Headers in stock ready to ship.

The problem with the hooker headers, the flange isn't as thick as the intake manifold. Therefore, the manifold mounting areas have to be ground down. I don't really want the header sound but I do want the performance. Thanks

What car are you putting this in?

Unless making a pure race vehicle, Dutra Duals are generally a better way to go. And x2 on Doug being very busy. Be patient, he will respond. It took me a few weeks to complete my purchase for a pair of his manifolds.

I am just curious as I have never seen a price posted. How much do the Dutra Duals cost?

I paid $560 for two of them a few months ago. I can't recall if shipping was included or not.

How do I purchase a Dutra exhaust? How do I contact Mr. Dutra? I went to the Slant Six Forum page, clicked on members, clicked on his name, and sent him a pm to his email address. I haven't gotten a response. Does anyone know how I can contact him? Thanks

Money Pit

Doug Dutra is great to deal with. He lives in Sunnyvale California. I used his front cast iron manifold and his modified 1/2 stock manifold, which retains the heat riser. The system never leaked, performed very well and looked cool.

I did use the Remflex gasket on both the heat riser, which I blocked, and the head. Be sure to ensure all your manifold to head attaching hardware is in very good shape, as there is constant movement at the manifold to head interface during hot and cold conditions.

He doesn't live in Sunnyvale any more—he moved to forest fire country. Had to evacuate, but his home he's been building didn't burn. Yeah, he's busy! It's also worth being patient; Dutra Duals are a much better idea than headers in many/most street-driven Slant-6 builds.

The problem with the hooker headers, the flange isn't as thick as the intake manifold. Therefore, the manifold mounting areas have to be ground down. I don't really want the header sound but I do want the performance. Thanks
No grinding needed at all, the old Direct connection headers were the same, the newer ones came with the same mod everyone like Myself were doing on Our own, welding
1/4" nuts to the flange on the header where the bridging washers seated. It's called hotrodding, but that's it, just pick an appropriate thickness 1/4" nut and tack-weld it
w/a MIG or a welding/brazing tip on an oxy/acetylene torch & some copper coated steel/brazing rod.

Dougs good i was up there last month and picked up my set from him ...
Lets hope so still...........it was a long rainy gross Summer in My neck of the woods, they could sure use some of that out West right now, My prayers to Doug & Everyone
out West for some relief.......They need a break!

-
Back