Dynamat options

-

pauls340

Reaction score
Dynamat cost's are very hard to deal with. Is there an option you have tried and liked? I'm hoping there is. A cheaper option is probably less sound deadening but not detechable to the average ear destroyed by Zepplin, Deep Purple, Hendricks and Janice Joplin...if you know what I mean.

There was someone on the web did a comparison on a few sound deadeners with some pretty good tests and prices factored in. Maybe someone on here knows the article and can post it.

I used some stuff called fat mat,my body shop recomended,150 to do my whole car,hell of alot cheaper then dynamat and worked well. You can look it up on e bay

i just started my sound deadening project so it will be awhile before i know the results because i'm likely going to redo my dash and do some other interior stuff, but i'm pretty encouraged by the b-quiet ultimate that i got. it was reasonably priced at $129 for 50 sq. feet and they got it to my place really fast. i believe they are based on canada's west coast.
i cant remember how i heard of them, maybe on another forum, but they've been on my radar for awhile. i actually bought it to try to soften the harmonics in the new elevator hoist motor thats in the building that i manage. boss told me to let the otis guys keep trying to fix it, so i guess now its going into my car :)

From HotRodders Forum
alternative to Lizard Skin
Since RB's Obsolete had the Cool-Car ceramic insulation on backorder and did not inform me after 3 weeks of waiting on it I have done some research. Seems all the high priced ceramic paint on insulating materials aka Lizard Skin, Cool-Car and such are a simple mixture of an exterior latex paint with ceramic micro spheres added to it. Having been a radio control aircraft enthusiast I have used ceramic spheres mixed with epoxy to form various fillets on model aircraft. I would buy these ceramic spheres (Micro Balloons is what they are called) in bulk from either Aircraft Spruce or Wicks Aircraft Supply. A gallon bag of the spheres cost about $6.00. You can see the potential cost savings here. A one gallon pail of exterior latex house paint, add some Micro Balloons to it and you basically have the same thing as Lizard Skin or Cool-Car for a mere fraction of the price. A 2 gallon pail of Lizard Skin is about $160
Vince

-
Back