Dynamat...yes or no

-

Frank Mopar

Reaction score
I have my floors all welded in so its getting close to carpet time. I removed a previous repair that had Dynamat on it and that stuff definately sticks. Luckily I had to cut that whole piece out.

Anyone regret putting Dynamat down? Is it worth it?

Depends on what you are wanting to do with your car. Is it good for a race car? No. Is it good for a restoration? No. Is it good for just about everything else? In my opinion, yes. It cuts down on cabin noise, and heat transfer. I think it was worth every penny. You can read a TON of info here.

Sound Deadener Showdown

There are other products out there that are similar, just as good, or better than Dynamat for less money. I used Hushmat because my buddy could get a good deal on it.

CraigsCutlass011.jpg

I definitely noticed a difference after doing just the floor. Once I get the bodywork done, I'll be putting it on the roof and inside the doors as well.

Attachments

• Dynamat 01.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 521
I used fatmat and cut down the noise quite a bit. I don't regret it.

Attachments

• fatmat.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 479
  • fatmat1.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 492
It's great stuff! Just make sure you install frame connectors before you install the dynomat.

the stuff thru summit works great to.... very cheap and sticks like a mother!!

One thing to note, becareful, if you haven't already found out it stick better to clothes than metal, so wear something you don't really care about when you do this, I ruined 2 pairs of jeans with my insulation.

I bit the bullet and ordered up some Raammat $90 plus shipping. Searched it on the web and everyone is happy with it so. Good as Dynamat, butyl based so we'll see

I really hate to be that a**hole, but here goes....

There is a thing called "Google" and it lists TONS and TONS of results for this topic.

I really hate to be that a**hole, but here goes....

There is a thing called "Google" and it lists TONS and TONS of results for this topic.

Then don't be,,,the forum is here for help and opinions from our fellow mopar loving peers....I hope your other 100 posts were more helpful ;-)

To the OP,,,I have Hushmat is and the stuff looks good and sticks easily, unfortunately I'm a couple months away from finding out how effective it is. Way better price then Dynamat.

Im going to disagree on the race car thing. Other than a drag car, communication with the driver is critical and reducing noise inside the car makes this easier.
I have only started the application but I went with 80mil Milla Mat everywhere but the roof. The roof got two layers of a polyester/ alum. roofing underlayment applied with contact cement, and one layer of 20mil butyl/alum layer
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo328.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 320
Not quite done with the install but everything I have read people say it's just as good as dynomat and only $130 for 100sq ft

100_2869.jpg

100_2867.jpg

100_2850.jpg

I skipped the foil layer and went with a butyl based waterproofing membrane we use to seal window and door openings before installing , it's about 15 bucks for 75 sq ft and it took 2 75 sq ft rolls to do my cuda including the inside of the quarters worked great and saved me hundreds over the cost of the auto based products .

does it interfere with the carpet install? any fitiment issues after the dynamat is installed?
what about interior panels

i have been debating on this for awhile now/

I purchased eastwoods thermal accustic on sale for 99.99 its normally 119.99 for 33 sqft. I will try the stuff with the transformer looking icon on it next. Thats a good deal for 100 sqft. Dynamat is pricey. It really makes a differance with the noise from rain hitting roof etc. to just the sound and feel in the car. Hurst sends a little piece in there kit to help with noise. So race car or driver new or old car its all good

Some have had some luck using a product called "Lizard Skin". It is a bit more logistically challenging since you spray it in, but it serves the same purpose as every other product mentioned above.

Additionally, some have used a Home Depot remedy (less expensive) by using butyl roofing tape.

-
Back