Dynamic converters?

-

mopar_1974

Reaction score
I had a custom converter made for me about 1.5 years ago and stuck it in when i did my motor swap. I heard they were supposed to act normal under regular conditions but mine seems to be slipping. anyone else have problems or is this normal? i have a video of it. the transmission was dumped of all the fluid so could it jsut take a while to work?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2OyZzh_22o&feature=player_embedded

I'm not sure what you have for a combo or convertor... List the full details. Also, to check for stall speed you need to be in 3rd gear and cruising at light throttle, then floor it and see what it stalls at. Then you can apply the brakes and do the same and see what that stalls to. First is flash stall, 2nd is brake stall. They will be different. Most any perforamance convertor will slip some at low rpm like that. So what did they sell you?

Sounds cool.

Depending on how the converter was built and built for what purpose and stall? Will depend on how it acts. Some slipage is normal and low fluid, pressure due to leaking will amplify this issue.

they don't work like a stock convertor.
You will have a slipping feel to the trans before it get's full presure.
Rev it up past the stall speed in park,when the engine is warm enough for higher rpms and it will help.
I HAVE A 10 INCH DYNAMIC CONVERTOR 3000 STALL AND A 9 1/2 INCH DYNAMIC CONVERTOR 3800 STALL.
ALSO IF YOUR TRANS HITS REVERSE REALLY HAVE WHEN PUT IN GEAR TRY TO GO FROM PARK ,RIGHT INTO 1ST LOW AND THEN DIRECTLY FROM 1ST INTO REVERSE.
IT WILL GO INTO REVERSE WITH OUT THE BIG CLUNK.:cool:

-
Back