dyno

-

slowdown

Reaction score
I was just looking into having an engine dyno'd and really had no idea what it costs. Well I started looking around,making calls and found that a lot of places that do dyno testing aren't set up for small block mopars. I guess I shouldn't be surprised I don't see many mopars around here ( Colorado) I'm sure there here I just don't see many. Anyway I was surprised at what it costs to have an engine dyno'd. Does 600.00 dollars seem like a lot or is this the going price? I was seriously thinking of having my engine dyno'd but for 600 I believe I can do without it. I'm sure it includes tuning and what ever else they do. I just thought it would be cool to actually know what my engine makes without a guesstimate. I'm not knocking the price, heck maybe that's cheap compared to some. I know everyone has to make a living, I was just surprised at what it cost to have done.

I'm not surprised.
Consider one or two guys in the shop doing it most of a day.

I paid 475 plus fuel because the guys built my engine it was worth it because it was all included in the final bill all my friends came to watch and we bet 5 bucs a pop for torque and hp numbers it was fn awesome makes for an awesome video too and when people ask what it makes you know exactly what to tell them and your engine goes right in and fires right up the first time! and its already broke in its worth the money they make sure and check for leaks and everything I recommend it it is cheap insurance really

Is this a fresh build/startup "slowdown"? If so, a competent engine dyno shop is a great place to break in a new engine.

If it's already a running specimen that you're just looking for some numbers on.....just bag spending that money, in my opinion. A couple 1/8th - 1/4mi runs, along with some info on the combination, will tell you/us just how much power you're really making.

-
Back