Dynomax "Lifetime" warranty

-

Onthepipe

Reaction score
Am I the only one who remembers rusted out mufflers being replaced under warranty? The Dynomax super turbo on my Durango rotted out. I took it back to Advance auto parts with the 2008](*,) receipt that says lifetime warranty. They said only manufacturer defects are covered.

Well, there's yer lifetime warranty: it lasts the whole lifetime of the muffler. Muffler's rotted to ѕhit? I guess its lifetime is done! :roll:

my true flow x muffler busted welds internally after 5K miles and jegs changed it for a flowmaster no questions asked...

Maybe that's why TTI recommends you let the car run at least 30 min. to get rid of all moisture,condensation, liquid/acid created by the combustion process of the engine.:violent2:

I got a lifetime warranty on my Swinger mufflers,, they are a local outfit, and since '69, I
've gotten about 6 sets of mufflers out of them,, and expect to get a few more...I feel like old man Cravits, with his Model T..lol..

Yes, I live in the northeast and have had a least a dozen rotted muffs replaced over the years. All of a sudden they're not covered even though that was the understanding in 2008 when I bought the premium muff.

i always thought the the super turbo had a lifetime warranty, but i bought a set last month and i dont see it anywhere. didnt they just switch the welded mufflers over to stainless? i had a magnaflow then end of it cracked and blew out, it blew out all of the packing too. i had no reciept so i was s.o.l. it looks liek they too switched all mufflers over to stainless. i guess it was cheaper for them to spend a little bit more to make them and have less warranty issues.

"Please go to Dynomax.com. Click on TECH SUPPORT. Then click on warranty /
guarantee.

Basically the covered Dynomax premium product will be replaced at no charge
as long as you own the vehicle and the product was used under normal
operating conditions. Replacement does not include labor. There is a form
on the web site that must be filled out and the consumer will probably need
to have the receipt from the original product purchase.

There is also the 90 day safe & sound guarantee which is a pretty good
deal."

-
Back