Dynomax Super Turbos Suck

-
Should have looked in to Spintech!

Yuuup! Thats what I got, X2. Single is on my turbo 6 now. No rap, no resonance (on a 451), solid units. They weight about 6 lbs a piece though....do they still make these? Mine are old, got them used, but I cant see how they would wear out. Like a metal box with a hole in each end....

Yuuup! Thats what I got, X2. Single is on my turbo 6 now. No rap, no resonance (on a 451), solid units. They weight about 6 lbs a piece though....do they still make these? Mine are old, got them used, but I cant see how they would wear out. Like a metal box with a hole in each end....
They sure do!
http://www.spintechmufflers.com/
I just bought a Pro Street for my truck. I didn't go for the Super Pro Street since it's my daily driver. The little 16ga steel box weighs around 8 pounds. Love the sound!

looking for a new sound my self,,,and got to do some custom exhaust to get it out the back,,,side exit flow masters with a blower cam sounds great around town,,but when i drive the interstate to events it gets old,,,

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_I93SBirl0"]1970 Plymouth Barracuda Gran Coupe - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYXWNwrI6u4"]AAR Cuda with Spin Tech Mufflers no tips - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIwEeWwKFSY"]1969 Dodge Cornet R/T 440 Magnum - YouTube[/ame]
On Mopars. I'm really leaning towards doing an X pipe install with dual pro streets on my '65 when I get more money.

Dumb question.

I put a glass-pak on my 383 and wasn't sure which way to install it since no arrow or instructions. I found nothing on the internet either. I oriented it so the scalloped holes face upstream. Is that right? Probably gives a bit more flow resistance but maybe "scoops" the noise better. It isn't noticeably loud in the car, but the straight hole aims right at tail-gaters (I like that).

I was replacing a regular muffler that blew the seam when my Holley Projection decided to go rich (assume) and I needed the daily driver. The glass-pak was just $17. I need to replace the whole exhaust later anyway.

I just bought the 2.5" TTI X system along with their headers and opted for the ultra flows. Can't wait to here in on my new 408 W2 motor when it's done.

I still have some Dynomaxes in a box I bought a couple years ago (on sale at least) based on a testing chart some company or another put out that showed them being quieter and flowing more than flowmasters and magnaflows and ***. So of course I look and they are the offset in center out design (summit part number WLK-17733) that the original poster had tried.

Ive got a 10.5:1 360, will be running a 2.5" x pipe, and just want a nice quiet muffler that flows well (oxymoron I know) but with no annoying drone. Dang it! back to the drawing board I guess. :banghead:

I would take the flow restriction maybe if it was quiet with no drone but the Dynomax does not seem to be the way to go.

Ideas?

-Sefus

I still have some Dynomaxes in a box I bought a couple years ago (on sale at least) based on a testing chart some company or another put out that showed them being quieter and flowing more than flowmasters and magnaflows and ***. So of course I look and they are the offset in center out design (summit part number WLK-17733) that the original poster had tried.

Ive got a 10.5:1 360, will be running a 2.5" x pipe, and just want a nice quiet muffler that flows well (oxymoron I know) but with no annoying drone. Dang it! back to the drawing board I guess. :banghead:

I would take the flow restriction maybe if it was quiet with no drone but the Dynomax does not seem to be the way to go.

Ideas?

-Sefus

Dynomax Ultra-Flows are good, my cousin has the welded ones on his 1972 Dodge Polara with a 440 (2.5" H-pipe system from TTI). Nice and smooth, mellow rumble at idle and cruise with a hint of 'raspiness' and makes a great sound when getting on the gas. Perfect for his car which is more of a fully-loaded street/highway cruiser. Not to mention they flow appreciably better than the Super Turbos which are pretty good to begin with (still better than Flowmasters).

-
Back