Dyson alien fan...

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Dyson HP04 Hot + Cool filter fan. the ones that have a big hoop on top with no blades. For $400 this doesn't move alot of air but it does heat, and filter the air through 4 filters, 2 HEPA and 2 charcoal. My neighbor gave it to me instead of throwing it away as the motor was making a bad rattle and throwing a ! code and turning off. After an hour I finally figured out to take it apart. This is some hi tech ****! All the screws are 2 TORX sizes and the motor is suspended in a 6 spring suspension basket. It basically sucks air in and forces it up into the hoop like a vacuum, through the 2 filters and then spits it out the slot on the hoop. No blades to get your kids fingers. Id give it about a 7 (10 hardest) to take apart and put back together as that suspension is a ***** to get back in without the springs popping out. I go tthe 2 of 3 screws that backed out of the motor back in with locktite and reassembled and it now works. TIP: there is a magnet on top that holds the remote and the little display is kinda cool as it tells you the level of filtration (probably just measures fan speed off a target RPM)

1707088973164.png

go tthe 2 of 3 screws that backed out of the motor back in 2 loose screws. Making noise not broken. Those things are expensive

"Doesn't move a lot of air" Oh yeah, lemmie run right out and buy three or four. NOT.

The i button on the remote toggles through a bunch of particulate readings (NOx, CO, humidity, pollen!) for free, this thing rocks! We had it in our bedroom last night running in night mode (silent and dimmed display) and the room really did smell fresher. Still wouldnt pay $400 for it. and I fixed the clicking oscillation too: The track bearing (big white circular roller bearing on the bottom) has a raised lip on the top of it that needs to fit in a receiver slot so its centered and the gears will sit flush. It was not seated so the gears did not mesh properly. It has 5 bearings on the bottom 1 plastic and 4 sealed roller bearings. Again, over engineered expensive toy.

Last edited:
-
Back