e-85 how to

-

purehellduster

Reaction score
is there anybody ran e-85 in a ron's fuel injection i need what and how of what to do

I shouldn't really be answering this one, but... I did read up on it in the past, on carbs. The carb needs to move more fuel since the E-85 has less BTU heat vs the same amount of gasoline.

I think I remember somewhere that carb passages were enlarged 15%?

(See, I really don't know for sure, but I did read something on it. Somewhere in my grey matter exists some type of text on it. LOL)

You're right Rob. Gasoline produces aprox. 19,000 btu's per pound where E-85 is in the 11,000 range. The AFR for E-85 should be somewhere in the 6 to 1 range.
There is a good deal of info on E85Forum.com including a bunch of race tech too.
Does Rons have any info on running straight alky? You could use that as a base line for your conversion, knowing that it would likely be too rich.
Please keep us informed as to how you make out. I for one am very interested in your conversion.
Ted

Me 2. I was just looking at F.I. kits and E-85 just made it here in very limited spots.

I ran methanol in the past but I didn't no if running e-85 if nozzle and pill sizes would be differnt

-
Back