e bay B.S.

-

sweatybetty

Reaction score
anyone else notice that the sellers NEVER leave feedback until the buyer does? i just bought some thing that was delivered today. i paid for it on the 29th. the seller still hasnt left feedback. thats bs. if i sell something i leave positive as soon as i get the $$$ as long as its on time. i imagine that if i would have left neg feedback on this guy he would have done the same even though he got his money on time. just ranting sorry

How many times you buy something like for my car and when it shows its for a different car!! Sure you can spend money shipping it back argue with the seller and maybe get back to where you were before buying the part! But you do not recover all time or money. So many people use the word hemi when selling a mopar part or car its wrong and waste time. Trying to find and buy parts for an old mopar is time consuming as it is. Never had any problems buying :angry4: from people from this site, nice to do bussiness with good people no more E_BAY!!!!!!

Well I don't make it a regular thing to sell on E-bay but I do sell stuff to clear out the garage and here's my .02 on the FB thing. When I first started selling stuff I always gave the buyer positive FB as soon as they paid then one day along comes this guy who I sold a brand new part to and I allready gave positive FB too. Well after he gets the part he e-mails me and says the part wasn't new, that it was used and that I was lying and I'd either give him half his money back or I was getting a negative FB. I know for a fact that the part wasn't used. I had pictures to prove it but did it do me any good if someone was to look at my FB. Not hardly. Also many times I gave people FB only to never get any back from them. So you can look at the FB thing 2 ways. Give it first and take your chances on getting burned like I did or just wait them out.

BTW: My e-bay ID is catsmygal and I just sold a bunch of stuff on there so if your one I sold something to sorry but hope you see why I'm leary to give FB first.

Sometimes they fry themselves when leaving negetive feedback. I had a BAD experience buying a set of lowering springs for my old Sentra SE-R. Here's the actual quote from my e-Bay feedback page. CAREFULLY read the un-related excuse for jerking me around for 3 weeks and see if you catch it:

Fedex# 127452010086639, WE ARE NOT OPEN ON CHRISTMAS

Seller qualifiedjapaneseparts
s.gif
( 15493
iconShootYllw_25x25.gif
)
s.gif
Dec-25-05 19:178015680461

Reply : I use BUYITNOW and 3 weeks later part on back order? Different part sent? FRAUD

What are you refering to there nyjon58 (er, I mean FASTBACK340)? The fact that the feedback was placed on Decemeber 25 (Christmas eve) at 7:17PM cali time, or the fact that it was a Japanese company (or so they claim) and they claimed to be closed for christmas (which obviously they were not) LOL. Personaly I don't waste my time with FleaBay anymore, to risky, full of fraud and jerks who's only job in life is buying and reselling crap on a crappy online auction block in hopes of making a buck (sadly some actually do at others expense). If I have parts I want to part with or need to get, I search the bulletin boards for it, or local papers or try to find new, NOS or a substitute. FleaBay don't give a rip if you get ripped off, they still get there's one way or the other and it's definatly BUYERS BEWARE on their site. JMO.

krabysniper said:
What are you refering to there nyjon58 (er, I mean FASTBACK340)? The fact that the feedback was placed on Decemeber 25 (Christmas eve) at 7:17PM cali time, or the fact that it was a Japanese company (or so they claim) and they claimed to be closed for christmas (which obviously they were not) LOL. Personaly I don't waste my time with FleaBay anymore, to risky, full of fraud and jerks who's only job in life is buying and reselling crap on a crappy online auction block in hopes of making a buck (sadly some actually do at others expense). If I have parts I want to part with or need to get, I search the bulletin boards for it, or local papers or try to find new, NOS or a substitute. FleaBay don't give a rip if you get ripped off, they still get there's one way or the other and it's definatly BUYERS BEWARE on their site. JMO.

Now that is funny, Fleabay!!! :thumbup:

Ebay in general is a bunch of crap, bad sellers, bad buyers, high fees, no customer service, paypal reversals, locked accounts, ended auctions for no reasons at all other than to throw their weight around. I'm not the only one, people complain say lets boycott ebay, lets start something newer and better, but it never happens and until it does I'm afraid we are at their mercy.

yeah this is why i dont like buying anything online, about anytime i even concider it i read about a scam and i steer clear. I like to see exactly what im buying and be able to inspect it, especially if its for a car/lots of money

sweatybetty said:
anyone else notice that the sellers NEVER leave feedback until the buyer does? i just bought some thing that was delivered today. i paid for it on the 29th. the seller still hasnt left feedback. thats bs. if i sell something i leave positive as soon as i get the $$$ as long as its on time. i imagine that if i would have left neg feedback on this guy he would have done the same even though he got his money on time. just ranting sorry

I used to leave feedback for buyers right away but after about a dozen buyers who I shipped to the day they paid failed to leave me feedback I stopped leaving it until after they do.

Wow. While I have no respect for Ebay the company and the way they do business I can't see why so many of you have so much trouble. I have done well over 500 transactions on Ebay buying and selling and I have not had a single problem. Not one. I just make sure I only deal with people that have good feedback.

I spent over 15 years looking for tan A-body seatbelts for my car before I ended up getting two complete sets on Ebay for less than $30 total. That is only one of dozens of awesome deals I have gotten on Ebay. I was the membership coordinator of the SDAC in the late 80's and early 90's so I have an major hoard of Shelby Dodge stuff that some of the younger Shelby Dodge guys are falling all over themselves to buy because they have never seen most of it. There is no other venue where these guys would have access to this stuff. While Ebay the company definitely sucks, Ebay the site is an awesome place to get what you need. You just have to be careful.

sorry guys but i love e-bay , as for feedback if i buy something or sell and i dont get feedback i e-mail them to see whats up 99% of the time they give me feedback . i am very carefull when buying also .i dont think i would ever buy a big dollar part or a car say over 2000$ but thats just me

I have had good luck so far on Ebay, I usually only buy something that is a good buy and from good sellers. Just hope that I get my last purchase that I am currently waiting on. I got a chrome aircleaner with the 340 four barrel decal for 19.95 so I hope that the auction is honored. The seller is a performance dealer and has tons of feed back so here's hopin'

I've only ever had one bad experience with eBay and that is from nearly 500 dealing. Sure there are always bad apples and ripoff artists, but they are everywhere in life, not just on eBay.
And no where is there variety and range of items like eBay. This is not a stunning endorsement, just fact. You want something - its more than likely on there. How that transaction plays out is then dependant on the buyer and seller.

You guys are shooting the messenger. If you put an ad in the local paPer and the buyer screwed you, you would not blame the paper would you? eBay is an advertisement service, why should they be responsible for crooks?

Remember, Caveat emptor and Caveat venditor!

Or in english, C.Y.A.!

As far as feedback goes, if you are the seller, ettequete says that you should post feedback if you are the seller as soon as you get payment, the buyer should post feedback as soon as you get your product. But this is not realistic, sometimes people just don't have time or don't frequent feedback, or sometimes you don't know if a part will work until you get it installed. both parties have 90 days to post feedback, I know that I often forget, I will only leave feedback for a seller if they did first. As a seller I always leave feedback within the 90 days, or if somebody leaves me feedback first. You can always leave someone a feedback and then politely email the person asking them to do the same, but I don't push it if they don't respond. I have sold almost 500 things on ebay, but my feedback is only around 150 (100% positive). I really don't care, 1000 feedback with 1 negative is worse than 150 positive, that number does not affect my day to day living, nor does it keep me up at night.

6pkrunner said:
I've only ever had one bad experience with eBay and that is from nearly 500 dealing. Sure there are always bad apples and ripoff artists, but they are everywhere in life, not just on eBay.
And no where is there variety and range of items like eBay. This is not a stunning endorsement, just fact. You want something - its more than likely on there. How that transaction plays out is then dependant on the buyer and seller.

Exactly.

I've had good experiences so far. No rip offs, no nothing. I choose to buy only from sellers That have a 98% + feedback rating. I allow for a small margin of error because no large reseller will ever have a perfect score or satisfaction rating. When you are dealing with medium to larger sellers (those with feedback count in the hundreds) tailor your expectations.

I can understand if you had repeated failures in dealing with the same seller. But you cannot fault Ebay as a whole for dealings with one or a handful of poor sellers out of the thousands that are out there.

I sympathize with those that got burned on an Ebay transaction. But I think the benefits of Ebay far outweigh the negatives. I would not have half the parts or saved half as much money if it weren't for Ebay.

Choose your sellers wisely. And if you are that 1 guy who got screwed that gave the bad feedback to that seller who is 99% positive, then your luck is bad. If this has happened to you on multiple occasions, then check for a dark cloud that follows you around on sunny days. But I hardly doubt its the fault of Ebay.

I have purchased several items on e-bay,and so far,no problems. Many parts for my cars,at great savings. Like others before have said though, I'm carefull of who I buy from.

Thrashard340 said:
Exactly.
I sympathize with those that got burned on an Ebay transaction. But I think the benefits of Ebay far outweigh the negatives. I would not have half the parts or saved half as much money if it weren't for Ebay.

If you guys are old enough to remember think about how hard it was to find a rare part 15 years ago. About the only way to do it was swap meets and a lot of luck. Now you can sit on your couch with a wireless laptop and look for parts, when you find one you want, then you buy it. I like it better now than before.

I use ebay to buy and to sell. I leave feedback as soon as I get paid and hope my buyers leave me feedback when they receive their item. I've met many helpful Mopar guys on ebay. Got some great deals on items and found impossible to find parts there too.

DSC00065(1) (Small).JPG

flyboy01 said:
If you guys are old enough to remember think about how hard it was to find a rare part 15 years ago. About the only way to do it was swap meets and a lot of luck. Now you can sit on your couch with a wireless laptop and look for parts, when you find one you want, then you buy it. I like it better now than before.

No question. No more looking through picked-over local salvage yards, no more haggling with show venders who think their parts are made of solid gold.

2shelbys said:
No question. No more looking through picked-over local salvage yards, no more haggling with show venders who think their parts are made of solid gold.

No more stepping in a 6" deep puddle of oil and having it completly fill your shoe!

flyboy01 said:

And I suppose you did ALOT of parts hunting 15 years ago, ehhh, youngster??? LOL.

Personaly, there is a lot to be said for wandering around a salvage yard, swap meets, car shows, hunting old parts and hard to find items, I still do to this day, because you just never know just what you will stumble across. You'll NEVER get that from a pc, sitting on your couch getting fat. I remeber searchin for parts once at a salvage yard way out in the boonies around here, and the guy who owned the place said hey, you wanna check out my old car I restored, he took us into an old shop and low and behold there sat an absolutley gorgeous 100% mint retored Mustang Shelby GT 500 with 428 cobra jet. Man o man was that a sweet car, and I am not even a Ford fan.

my on personal policy is to leave feedback as soon as i recieve payment !however it does piss me off to no end for some one i've paid to wait and see what kind of feedback thier gonna get before doing so when i buy on ebay it's just a lack of good old fashioned honor and morals on thier part

6pkmopar said:
my on personal policy is to leave feedback as soon as i recieve payment !however it does piss me off to no end for some one i've paid to wait and see what kind of feedback thier gonna get before doing so when i buy on ebay it's just a lack of good old fashioned honor and morals on thier part

That's exactly how I felt about it for about the first year. Then I got burned by an immoral buyer. (read my first post, post #3 I think it was). That tends to change a persons mind on leaving FB first since it's your only defense there cause E-bay sure ain't gonna help you. Call it lack of good old fashioned morals and honor if you wan't. I call it self defense against people wanting something for nothing. And there's plenty of them out there.

-
Back