E-bay find

-

1973dust

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have to gloat a little about what I was lucky enough to pick up on E-bay for 50 bucks. I've been looking for a pair of spring plates for the 8 1/4 rear installation on my Duster. The starting bid was 50 and no one else ever made a bid. I actually feel a little guilty, especially since it cost the seller $17 to ship them to me from Florida. If anyone sees something on E-bay being sold by 537dodge, I would not hesitate to purchase from him again. The parts arrived exactly as described, were well packaged, and were promptly shipped.

IMG_7783.gif

Isn't it nice when the planets align and you get a deal.

My best so far was an e body 8 3/4 with clutch style locker for 250.00.
Sold the housing for 125.00
Used the center section.

20231118_173215[1].jpg

Here you go guys. Sorry, I didn't realize pics of shock plates would be that exciting.

Note to self- mark UP the plates I have that will be going to my swap meet parts pile.

I had a FABO member GIVE me a pair last weekend. They are currently soaking in ZeroRust.

1700404197970.png

Yea I sold two pair on here the other week for at very fair prices but here is the
rest of the story"/ %50 shipped is plenty CHEAP as you know/ Funny part.... Last week I had to make a 10 hour trip to one of the last of the old car boneyards around Tx. Part of the haul was a Ford 8 in. rear end for my 64 Comet. I mentioned to the puller, be sure to get the shock plates. He said only shock plates there were on the Mavericks just hauled in that day. Plenty of Ford rear ends pulled out and all the plate have already been pulled an sold! :rofl: :BangHead:

-
Back