E Bay Scam?

-

Ironracer

Gearhead
Reaction score
I responded to an ad for a motorhome and the lady got back with us and said that you have to pay to eBay and she'll have the motorhome delivered in case she doesn't have time to deal with it and she moved to Texas.... does anybody make any sense of this? The price is too good....

A buddy of mine actually fell for one of these. He sent the money to a gal out in Montana I think it was for a Jeep. It was like a ridiculous low price and the gal said she needed to move it and would even pay for shipping it for whomever bought it.

He still fell for it. He was telling me about it the next day and I told him he just got scammed out of 2500 bucks. Sure enough, a couple days later he admitted it. He did get his money back thanks to Ebay, but it took a while.

Definitely a scam. I see those listed on Ebay and FB marketplace where a gorgeous class A motorhome that is a 6 figure rig being listed for $40K.

there's always one thing all these scams have in common. TIME is of the most urgent matter

That and they absolutely can't meet you where the item is for any number of reasons, sometimes as many as you provide work-arounds for.

I responded to an ad for a motorhome and the lady got back with us and said that you have to pay to eBay and she'll have the motorhome delivered in case she doesn't have time to deal with it and she moved to Texas.... does anybody make any sense of this? The price is too good....
Probably a scam

There's a mustang on FB market place, beautiful car. They are asking $18,000 for it. I think now it's at a dealership in Columbia mo so the ad says. It's hard to catch these people because if they are good with computers they can move their ip address anywhere they want to.

Link?

Sorry for the late response Guys I'm under the gun here
I can send a picture that I uploaded to my phone and one of the responses from the lady that she sent us

A buddy of mine actually fell for one of these. He sent the money to a gal out in Montana I think it was for a Jeep. It was like a ridiculous low price and the gal said she needed to move it and would even pay for shipping it for whomever bought it.

He still fell for it. He was telling me about it the next day and I told him he just got scammed out of 2500 bucks. Sure enough, a couple days later he admitted it. He did get his money back thanks to Ebay, but it took a while.
DAMN! that's messed up. I can't stand a damn Thief!

-
Back