E body front shackle

-

a68postcar

Reaction score
can anyone tell me the distance from the torque box to the centerline of the front spring bolt? 1971 'cuda.

Attachments

• cuda shackle 002.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 71
  • cuda shackle 003.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 103
  • cuda shackle 001.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 92
we pulled a tape and we think we have the wrong front shackles. anybody? alli need is a number to compare with what i have.

I have one in a Challenger that I can measure but I'm not sure the Cuda is the same without some research.

if you could mark, i really would appreciate the help. i believe cuda w/b was 108", and challenger w/b was 109". and B bodies used a similar shackle.

My '71 Challenger, '74 Challenger, and '72 Charger all have a measurement of 2 1/8" from end of bracket to center of spring eye hole.
Thanks, Mark

thanks mark. i will give you the results of the findings. thanks again, postcar.

I just checked the factory parts manual and the E-bodies all used the same front hanger bracket.....part# 3400858. They do show the '71-2 B-body as having a different number though.....

well, these ones are obviously B shackles dadbernit. we can handle it though. 3.250" is what we got. thanks mark. postcar

-
Back