Eagle Scout Project Help

-
My first idea for a project was to clean the storage room for the local "Friends of the Library" group, which entailed building shelves, painting and organizing/cataloging all the donated books and school supplies. I rounded up donations of all materials from local hardware stores, got a computer donated from the local Best Buy, had the support of the entire city council behind me and all proper permits. Local Boy Scout council approved the project immediately. Day I showed up with my troop to do it, the lady that runs the "friends of the library" turned us away saying "the city will do it sometime" and called the cops. Still hasn't been done...
Took me 3 years and 24 project proposals to the Boy Scout council to get another project approved, this time it was painting "No Dumping, Flows to Ocean" signage on all storm drains in my city, all 2400 of them. And the dude at the Boy Scout Council said that it was "almost a big enough project" (his son hung a bulletin board at their church and got his eagle). At that point there were 3 other boys in my troop and I turned 18 the day after completing my project. But I still got my Eagle, keeping the family tradition alive.
It seems like you've got some good suggestions, and some good ideas. It also seems like you're remembering that this is a "Leadership Service Project", where your leadership is one of the most important parts, especially where it comes to getting the other members of your troop involved. It's good to see that there are still other guys out there passionate about earning this relatively rare badge of honor. Good luck and an early congratulations!

I,ve noticed at the 2 tracks that I race at,that the stands(seats)could use some attention.Whether it be painting or replacing planks.Just a thought for a group and I,m sure the track owners would appreaciate the help.Maybe free tickets for the next big event for the group?

I built a 10 by 20 picnic pavilion at our local park. Building it was easy, getting the materials, which amounted to over $4000, was a little tricky. Don't bother going to Home Depot if your going to build something, they don't support the Boy Scouts, shame. Good luck and stick with it.

-
Back