Early 904 shift kit compatibility

-

64Dart270

Space Cadet
Reaction score
I'd trust a manufacturers listing way before Summit's. Summit and JEGS are famous for listing errors. I've installed several TF-2 kits and have the instructions and just looked and it says that the TF-2 kit covers 60 and up torqueflites.

I've got a TF-2 in my 64 Barracuda. There is only one step that is different when installing it if I remember correctly. They say in the instructions at one point to remove a check ball but the 64 tranny doesn't have a ball in that location but has a little disc. The little disc stays in place. You will love the TF-2 in there.

So, gasket and filter will work as well? I was told there was a difference with '60-'64s. But, if it worked on your 'Cuda, should fit up with mine.

Is it ging to be a hassle installing on jackstands? Going to do a much needed band-adjustment. Which is why I figured on installing a shift kit. Figured while I was down there...

Valve body drops right out. Easy enough. I think you have to punch an additional hole in the filter for the rear pump or use one for the early transmission filters. The TF-2 kit instructions cover it.

Is it ging to be a hassle installing on jackstands? Going to do a much needed band-adjustment. Which is why I figured on installing a shift kit. Figured while I was down there...

Piece of cake. Once you drop the valve body you do all the mods to it on the work bench. You may have to change the spring in the front and/or rear servo's on the trans. itself. That's the hardest part and it's not bad.

I don't have a link but the band adjustment is extremely simple. You just back off the locknut a few turns then tighten down the adjuster screw to 72 inch lbs then back it off the # of turns required which will be spelled out in the Trans-go directions then holding the adjuster so it doesn't move tighten down the locknut.

I don't have a link but the band adjustment is extremely simple. You just back off the locknut a few turns then tighten down the adjuster screw to 72 inch lbs then back it off the # of turns required which will be spelled out in the Trans-go directions then holding the adjuster so it doesn't move tighten down the locknut.

Transgo kit in-hand. Yes it includes band adjust instructions. Can't wait to dig in!

-
Back