[Found!] Early A 63-66 Aftermarket Sway Bar

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you decide to go with new, I can recommend the one from Helwig. One hole to drill on the K member for the mounting bracket. Otherwise, a piece of cake to install

If you decide to go with new, I can recommend the one from Helwig. One hole to drill on the K member for the mounting bracket. Otherwise, a piece of cake to install
Im trying to save some $$ with used, but if I can’t find anything I will follow that recommendation! Thank you.

Jared

No luck finding a used bar, so I’m looking at the new ones now. The hellwig bar is $200 more than the addco bar, is it worth it? This car is just set up for cruising with skinny 15” wheels/tires.

I’ve got upgraded T bars, solid tie rod sleeves, and adjustable strut rods up front, so it’s not stock, but I’m not planning on any corner carving, just something safe and stable to putt the family around in.

No luck finding a used bar, so I’m looking at the new ones now. The hellwig bar is $200 more than the addco bar, is it worth it? This car is just set up for cruising with skinny 15” wheels/tires.

I’ve got upgraded T bars, solid tie rod sleeves, and adjustable strut rods up front, so it’s not stock, but I’m not planning on any corner carving, just something safe and stable to putt the family around in.

Your setup sounds similar to mine - PST 1.03 torsion bars, solid C Body tie rod sleeves and tie rod ends, rebuilt lower control arms eith 65-72 sway bar tabs (NOS Moog bushings and ball joints), rebuilt 73-76 upper control arms (NOS ball joints and NOS offset bushings) and QA1 adjustable strut rods. I used the Helwig early A 1 & 1/2 diameter hollow sway bar (might be 1 & 1/4 - I forget) as they are ad strong as the the solid bars. Once I attached the main mounting brackets to the K, the sway bar went right into place on that bracket and at the LCA sway bar tabs. Is is it worth more than the Addco - I can’t answer that. I am very happy how it turned out. My assembled front end is not in the car as I still need to mate the engine/transmission before raising everything into the engine bay. I will add I used the Addco 3/4 in rear sway bar which was a fairly easy install.

I have a Addco front sway bar, not sure I have the brackets for the K-member, can look later after work, can have it for $100, I am starting to clean out my garage and shed to move next year out of state, I am in Lancaster, Ca.

I have a Addco front sway bar, not sure I have the brackets for the K-member, can look later after work, can have it for $100, I am starting to clean out my garage and shed to move next year out of state, I am in Lancaster, Ca.
Thank you, I ended up ordering a new bar from Summit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back