Early A body bucket seat interchangeability

-

brentwasham

Reaction score
Want to change front bench to buckets on my '62 V200 coupe, can I use '64 buckets or any A-body seats through '69, e.g. Not sure how much the floor pan seat mounts changed over the years and want to do a bolt-in replacement if at all possible. Also trying to keep original bucket look so only interested in low back bucket years.

Just about any seat can be modified to fit, but, as a bolt-in....the '67 up ones won't. '63-6 might, but, I don't have any first hand experience with that conversion. '63-5 are a slightly different width (wider) than the '66 seats due to the first year console option in '66. You will probably have to drill new holes for the inner seat tracks. I don't know if they come with both sets of holes in a '62 model. I would bet that it doesn't, and probably not the reinforcement plates either.

Just about any seat can be modified to fit, but, as a bolt-in....the '67 up ones won't. '63-6 might, but, I don't have any first hand experience with that conversion. '63-5 are a slightly different width (wider) than the '66 seats due to the first year console option in '66. You will probably have to drill new holes for the inner seat tracks. I don't know if they come with both sets of holes in a '62 model. I would bet that it doesn't, and probably not the reinforcement plates either.
Good information. I asked a nearby seat seller to measure front to back and side to side on his seat studs. The pair he has to sell are from a '65 Barracuda. Matthon just repaired his floor pans on a '62 Signet with factory buckets so will ask him about measurements, but they may have added the extra inner holes and plates for the buckets at the factory when a bucket seat programmed body came down the assembly line.

Ok, a lot of the a body parts are interchangeable but unfortunately not the ones I need. Thanks for responding, you don't know if you don't ask.

-
Back