Early A Body Buckets and Brackets

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those early A seat tracks had risers bolted on with square head nuts and bolts. The bolt holes in the tracks had slots and the risers had notches which would allow all sorts of adjustments. I have those tracks in good condition but I dont have the riser portions. I'm guessing those were rusted away at the floor pan. If the uppers alone will help, 40 plus shipping from 29642.
I also have one steel seat back. It came from a deluxe interior car so it has a carpeted toe kick at the bottom. The vynil skin on it is very nice. I may have one extra side shield too ( I'd have to look ).
Good luck with your search. Let me know if any of this will help.

Condition and color unimportant. Will take just a set of brackets. I'm located in Elkton, MD.

Are you looking for 64/65 or 66 A Body buckets? There is a big difference between the 64/65 and 66. 64/65 wider in the seat cushion area and 66 has the hard plastic back. Might be able to help on a set of 65 seats.

The seat frames are the same, infact the 2nd generation short back buckets use the same frames except the top piece was changed from round to square and holes for headrests were added. The seat backs may look like plastic but they are actually stamped steel with vynil skin glued on.

If the uppers alone will help, 40 plus shipping from 29642.

Possibly, could you post/send some pictures so I could see what I would need to fabricate or find?

Are you looking for 64/65 or 66 A Body buckets? There is a big difference between the 64/65 and 66. 64/65 wider in the seat cushion area and 66 has the hard plastic back. Might be able to help on a set of 65 seats.

I'm interested in the 65 seats, please post/send details.

These are going into a 63 Valiant. My major concern is that they look correct, not necessarily be correct. The factory bench is comfortable for about four minutes, I'd like to be able to drive this thing to the track and shows up and down the east coast. I'm considering a set of aftermarket, low-back suspension seats made for Jeeps and off-road buggies, but I don't think they'd pass as period correct. Opinions welcome!

Thanks,
Wayne

Sure I can get a pic of what I have. If comfort is a priority you may as well opt for much later model or aftermarket seats. None of the early car seats were very comfortable. Those early A seats did allow adjusting heigth and tilt angles but the bolts under the seats are a real pain to deal with.
When I drive long distances I shove rolled bath towels behind my lower back for lumbar support.

Sure I can get a pic of what I have. If comfort is a priority you may as well opt for much later model or aftermarket seats. None of the early car seats were very comfortable. Those early A seats did allow adjusting heigth and tilt angles but the bolts under the seats are a real pain to deal with.
When I drive long distances I shove rolled bath towels behind my lower back for lumbar support.

I'd like to have a set of factory seats recovered and a little bolster and lumbar added so they would feel good, but average person wouldn't notice they were any different than the factory ones. This would be the easiest and most desirable route, especially if I can find the correct brackets and seats.

If I have to go aftermarket some of those Jeep seats look like A100 seats, but are much nicer to sit in. I could make up a set of aluminum brackets like those in the Max Wedge cars, but I don't think it would be nearly as nice as the first option.

I have a complete set of bare springs and frames from a 66 GT. No foam, backs or brackets. $30 plus shipping.

Sounds good, please send/post a pic with a quote for shipping to 21921.

Upper track assemeblies . 4 lever return springs all present.The cross wires that connect the 2 track releases are present. Large seat return springs and release lever handles missing. Those are the same on all including bench seats so you have atleast one of each.
Now a bit of FYI... Each track requires one bolt attaching to the seat frame. That bolt is special 5/16-18 nc X 3/4 long with a 7/16 inch hex head and kep external tooth washer.
Standard for 5/16 would be a 1/2" hex but you wont get a socket in there on it.
MRGUSA.com has the bolts or you might can use allen screws ( dunno ).

seat tracks 01.jpg

I have a 63 valiant I am parting out that has bucket seat in it

Upper track assemeblies

Thank you very much for the details. If no complete set shakes out of this thread in the next week I'll take them.

I have a 63 valiant I am parting out that has bucket seat in it

Pictures, price, location, details?

Any idea if the floor for a 62 and 63 are the same? Can you get me a shipping quote to 21921?

I swapped front seats from a 63 into my 62 (valiant 4 doors) & the brackets placed the seat higher up- in the 62 (knee rubbed steering wheel). This was on the bench seat -- the brackets between the 2 years were slighly different-- so i would guess that the buckets might also be different-- ( did not document the differences).
I think slight differences will be in all the seats you purchase unless you find a 63 set---(in the brackets)

As for shipping -- do you have a greyhound station close? or is UPS the option, thanks Lawrence

I am located in albany ny. I can email some pics monday and as far as price a reasonable offer is good for me.

Condition and color unimportant. Will take just a set of brackets. I'm located in Elkton, MD.
I have a complete set of 65 a body buckets with complete tracks as you can see if you go to the Bellville Ontario web site of kijiji and look in classic cars under barracuda you will see the pics I can package them up & send them through ups if your interested regards John

Thanks for all the replies. I am leaving a in a few hours to pick up a set of seats from 65 Dartman. Thanks anyway, Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back