-
Status
Not open for further replies.

flynlady

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
The fan shroud is missing from my 1966 Plymouth Valiant with a 225 /6. The radiator doesn't seem to be cooling very well in traffic.

Thanks!

Its probably your radiator not the schroud, when does it heat up? idle driving etc.

Its probably your radiator not the schroud, when does it heat up? idle driving etc.

Idle ... I'm going to get the radiator checked but still want/need the shroud. I have an a/c that actually blows cold air!!

That shroud will not bolt up to your radiator, if It is the original radiator for the car. The early A cars had a clip mounted shroud which clipped and bolted To the side of the radiator, the later style bolts directly to the face of the radiator. Hope this helps, geof

That shroud will not bolt up to your radiator, if It is the original radiator for the car. The early A cars had a clip mounted shroud which clipped and bolted To the side of the radiator, the later style bolts directly to the face of the radiator. Hope this helps, geof

Thanks! I don't believe it is the original radiator. Found a replacement radiator on Summit and it shows the brackets on either side are different from what is currently in the vehicle. I've decided to just replace the damn radiator and be done with it. BUT I still want a fan shroud!

Dan Is the fan shroud still for sale, whats your asking price? Also can you read what part number shroud it is.

Thanks
Fuji

What size is your radiator ? Is a 66 metal or plastic ? I have a 2 piece metal shroud off a 65 Coronet...

How bout posting the part number off the top of the radiator? That will give you your best chance to purchase the correct shroud for the radiator you have! I'm not saying that the correct shroud for the radiator you have will correctly line up with your fan, especially if it isn't the correct radiator though! Any radiator can be made to fit... Fitting correctly is another story, especially when dealin with an early A car!

Maybe a pic or 2 of what you have will help also!! Geof

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back