Early A-body Shaker

-

HotLines

Realist - Free Thinker
Reaction score
I didn't know where to post this..

I am considering taking this shaker off my Signet yet before I do, I wanted to know if anyone would be interested in purchasing it. It will come with the custom metal housing I made for the fiberglass shaker and the K&N filter which sits in it. As you can tell it fits well but I haven't a template for you cutting your own hood. The 4 barrel intake manifold it is on will determine its height, yet because the bottom housing is metal, so it can be modified..

july031.jpg

july029-1.jpg

Pretty cool looking car, don't believe I have seen it before, nice shaker too, looks right at home. BTW, are those pad locks for your old school tow-bar?

A long time ago in a far away place my Signet blew its rear and some dude stopped in his pickup truck and asked if I needed help. I asked if he would tow my car into town and he said yes, I than pulled my ol'school tow bar from the trunk and the rest is history. Sometimes its best to think ahead than to be caught with your pants down and no where to go and no way to get there :banghead: I've owned this car 28 years

This actually happened outside of Prescott Arizona while I was driving from Las Vegas to New York. At that time pagers were the thing to have as cell phones weren't around. Yet nine years ago, my Signet spun a bearing about a hundred miles from home and luckily I called a friend on my cell who came with his truck and towed it to my home. I now have triple A but I like people I know to help me rather than playing a game with an unknown..

I hear ya! Got any more pics of the car? Have you done a bunch of pinstriping on it too? Early A's have lots of cool body lines, perfect for stuff like that!

I haven't taken photos of my car in about a year because I've been into some other projects off and on including updating my home and the LT1 / T56 six speed 90 chevy p/u set up for cornering and cruising the hiways. Here's 1 more of the shaker
march003.jpg

Interior is leather from a Lexus, side panels will be done next month, Autometer gauges, shifter is to a manual valve body Dynamic trans and converter
Aug09033.jpg

Signet020.jpg

91 360 roller motor with Vintage a/c, Griffin radiator, GM HEI which was a ***** to make it work and I'm still into the cooling system yet the a/c is working well.
360017.jpg

360033.jpg

This is its 4th engine in 28 years yet the same disc brake front suspension, Dynamic trans, 8.75 rear and just about everything else including the 22 gallon fuel cell and battery in the trunk. I love this Signet as it is totally streetable for a change and its even got Supertrapps..

I wanted to know if anyone would be interested in purchasing it

I guess I will ask what are you looking to get for the setup?

I have had a few emails and one or two PM's in regards to the Shaker setup and after seeing what people want to spend, I figured I'd just keep it as I've got more into it than most have into their rims and tires yet being different is what most persons want as long as the cost is super low and its a bolt-on. These are a bolt-on now that I've done all the work on building the lower box for the 64-66 Valiant, If you were to buy the reproduction of the shaker as it is made for other newer vehicles, you'd be out a grand before making the metal box for our own cars, so selling it for cheap cheap doesn't make it in my books. Reproduction outside mirrors sell for the price most want to spend here on this shaker set-up..

Whos headers are you running? That pushbutton shifter box is kewl!

Headers are Hooker super competition fenderwells and this is what they look like under the Signet
360025.jpg

The HEI was fairly simple once I ground away somewhat part of the late 70's cast iron intake manifold where the vacuum advance wouldn't move past it, than I had to move the distributor back one notch on the drive inside the engine so as to get the proper timing. The more I think of this I believe I should have used my MP distributor with its MSD cap-a-dapt and installed the HEI set-up most persons use and used a outboard coil. But hey, what the heck do I know?

-
Back