"Early A" doesn't cut it

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

J-c-c

Reaction score
IMO "Early A" is 1960, 61, 62. "Mid A" is 63 thru 66, and then "Late A", is everything later. "Early A" shares very little with the later cars except whatever drivetrain that they might.

IMO (NOT disagreeing, just difference of opinion) the early/late break would be the wider engine compartment, to the narrow one. So, 60-66 for early, 67 up later A's.

The nomenclature used is inaccurate, my suggestion implied is fix it. :thumbsup:
Thanks for asking.

The nomenclature used is inaccurate, my suggestion implied is fix it. :thumbsup:
Thanks for asking.
This forum is for questions about how the website works and not your opinion on "Early A's"

IMO (NOT disagreeing, just difference of opinion) the early/late break would be the wider engine compartment, to the narrow one. So, 60-66 for early, 67 up later A's.
I can't speak to engine compartment width, but what chassis parts do they share?
Ball joints? I do not mean as a snarky reply.

Last edited:
This thread has been moved to "Early A Body Discussions" (which includes 60-66).

This forum is for questions about how the website works and not your opinion on "Early A's"
My suggestion for this website is it is using incorrect designation for the models on this website and currently the designation appaers to be arbitrarty and this forum's title asks for suggestions and I offered one to help improve the discussions and for others to ponder.

My suggestion for this website is it is using incorrect designation for the models on this website and currently the designation appaers to be arbitrarty and this forum's title asks for suggestions and I offered one to help improve the discussions and for others to ponder.
Nope. How can the website change what people call a certain year of car? The name of this forum "Early A Body Discussions" doesn't state what years can be talked about here. It includes the 60 through 62's up to and including 66.

Nope. How can the website change what people call a certain year of car? The name of this forum "Early A Body Discussions" doesn't state what years can be talked about here. It includes the 60 through 62's.
Yes it does, it clearly states pre 67.

"Nothing to see here, move along!"

Early A is pre dual master cyl and collapsible steering column.

A is post dual master cyl and collapsible steering column.

There's your answer.

Now just to stir the pot...

60 to 62 dart... Ugliest car ever made. Makes the Edsel look elegant!:poke:

:lol:

Last edited:
@J-c-c

You really stepped in it.

Try to laugh it off.

I suggested we have a "Product Review" forum. You would think I shot everyone's mother for the responses

"Nothing to see here, move along!"

Early A is pre dual master cyl and collapsible steering column.

A is post dual master cyl and collapsible steering column.

There's your answer.

Now just to stir the pot...

60 to 63 dart... Ugliest car ever made. Makes the Edsel look elegant!:poke:

:lol:
62 Darts are B-bodies . at least the several I owned and remembered. Those old Ramcharger and Max wedge cars were pretty cool.

003.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

spoiler pics 613.jpg

spoiler pics 614.jpg

Are those yours? Nice, I still have a few.
Since this thread lost any chance of further reasonable conversation, I'd submit the 62 Darts were not actually called "B" body's until the 1964 models arrived and the 62's were retro named.

Are those yours? Nice, I still have a few.
Since this thread lost any chance of further reasonable conversation, I'd submit the 62 Darts were not actually called "B" body's until the 1964 models arrived and the 62's were retro named.

Search Results​

Featured snippet from the web​

The Dart's new B-body chassis platform was quite long-lived; while 1962 was the only year for a B-body model named "Dart", the B platform remained in use with only very slight modification and a few new letter designations through to the 1981 R-body cars.

Search Results​

Featured snippet from the web​

The Dart's new B-body chassis platform was quite long-lived; while 1962 was the only year for a B-body model named "Dart", the B platform remained in use with only very slight modification and a few new letter designations through to the 1981 R-body cars.
You read this, correct:
"I'd submit the 62 Darts were not actually called "B" body's until the 1964 models arrived and the 62's were retro named."

If you are up to the task, find anything published pre 1963 models that publicly mentions a B Body, and get back to us.

I 'd like to question if the same might also apply to the "real Early "A"'s", but I don't want to see a red wave appaer. :lol:

Last edited:
You read this, correct:
"I'd submit the 62 Darts were not actually called "B" body's until the 1964 models arrived and the 62's were retro named."

If you are up to the task, find anything published to pre 1963 models that publicly mentions a B Body, and get back to us.
I just did.

You read this, correct:

If you are up to the task, find anything published to pre 1963 models that publicly mentions a B Body, and get back to us.
1706829800392.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back