Early-A Front Sway Bushings...

-

65Valiant310

Reaction score
Anyone sell these or repops of them?
The rare early a sway bar equipped cars...

thanks

Someone posted a part number with pick when I was selling my swaybar. Maybe if you dug through the classifieds you could find it.

I had no trouble finding them at NAPA Moog makes them..I have one in trunk but too lazy to get up and get the number. If you cannot find it send me a private message and I will get off my butt and get number for you. I had no trouble with local napa though..

I got off my but it is a NAPA part #274-8999, mine is 65 cuda formula s with sway bar!

oops my bad those are strut rod bushings.....I believe you can get sway bar parts from PST including the sway bar itself///Sometimes I get confused with front end bars...or is that back of the bar...or well you know what I mean!!!

The part number/pic posted was for 67+ sway bar cars. I will order a set to see if they fit, as I am sure there are other owners out there wondering the same.
Anyone measured theirs and have the size available? (7/8"?)

I got some from 78 Toyota pickup and work just find in my 65 Barrcuda "S" sway bar bushing

dart64gt, did you get the 17 or 19mm ones?
One corner is rounded but they might just work

dart64gt, did you get the 17 or 19mm ones?
One corner is rounded but they might just work

17mm = .6693 inch
19mm = .748 inch

7/8" = .875 Mopar early A anti-sway bar diameter

I think you'll find that the Moog K7061 has a 1" hole to fit the B and C body cars. It fits the bracket nicely but is way loose on my Valiant's sway bar.

I'm not positive but I believe that's the part number I purchased a couple of years ago. The opening was too large and I couldn't find another option so I inserted some strips of bicycle tube to take up the slack. The strips worked out in about a month and the bar was slopping around deforming the bushing pretty badly so I took the sway bar off this summer. I'd be anxious to have someone get their hands on this specific part number to confirm. I might even try this weekend........

I just ordered the Moog K7061 and they should arrive at my local store on Monday. If the bushings fit I'll be pleased to put them on my Valiant. If not, I can always use the end link bushings and pieces.

I just ordered the Moog K7061 and they should arrive at my local store on Monday. If the bushings fit I'll be pleased to put them on my Valiant. If not, I can always use the end link bushings and pieces.

Hope it works for you keep us updated for future reference. At this time I dont need any but who knows when.

If anyone gets those Toyota 19mm bushings, you can put them in the freezer and drill 'em out with a 7/8 Silver and Demming drill bit. Youll have to put something a bit wider in the slot and then use a through bolt to keep 'em tight but the frozen rock hard material should be machineable. Poly end links would make good spacer blanks, if you have access to a lathe or some way to turn them down but they would still have to be split and may not survive the assembly.

-
Back