early A slant oil pan

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
workin on droping the slant into 63 dart. I have a 65 B body pan I know won't work. can I use any A BODy 63-6 pan????????? would later A pan work????
if anyone needs some early B slant engine brackets and oil pans I can fix them up!!!! all my donor engines came out of 65 coronets.

I believe all the A body pans were the same, and they were unique to the early A. Later A pans will not work. I had a heck of a time tracking down a decent replacement for my patched and beat up one. I still have that one too. Works just fun. Just not a show-car pan.

thanks for the info. that's what I thought! I got a slant out of 65 coronet with the B pan. won't fit. when I got the motor I never thought to ask if he had an early pan . brain cells dying off!??????
there is a pan is a '65 dart at a bone yard. of course its 140 mi trip! (MAYBE BUY ONE, FUEL THERE MAYBE EQUAL SHIPIN!???) LOL getting it out with engine sittin in the car I can only imagine the fun getting it out!! LOL ticks, sheeters, chiggers, copperheads! not to mention car sittin in the dirt! LOL
ANOTHER PROBLEM IS LOOKIN AT THAT OLD 65 WAGON MAKES ME WANT IT? IS THIS A SICKNESS OF SOME KNID? is it covered by medicare ??
sorry bout the caps, hit wrong button.... I was scoldered before about caps!!!!!! ( worthless old people I was told)

LOL don't worry about the caps.

Yeah the early A pans are really hard to find. On my old '64 Dart I actually used an F-body pan but I had to bash in the area above the drag link for clearance.

The right front corner would hit the K-member on "hard" acceleration though.

Grab the pickup too, they are different (and hard to find).

For my latest motor I had to build my own pickup by brazing some tube together.

-
Back