Early-a strut rod

-

Scampin

Reaction score
Probably a dumb question, but I seem to not be able to find an answer. I am re-doing the front suspension and found one of the strut rods are bent pretty badly. The question I have is, are they the same as the later years, if not, does anybody sell them new?

Probably a dumb question, but I seem to not be able to find an answer. I am re-doing the front suspension and found one of the strut rods are bent pretty badly. The question I have is, are they the same as the later years, if not, does anybody sell them new?

IIRC, early A's (63-66) are somewhat shorter than the 67-up. I don't think the early's are reproduced. Maybe the adjustable strut rods would work.

Yes you can use the later (up to 72?) strut rods. I used 67 rods in my 65. The rods changed in 73 with the spool mount k members, but I think you could use them with the proper bushings.

I have a few extras lying around if thats the case craig!! Message if you need one Scampin!! Geof

Put them in a press and fix them straight again, it can and has been done.

Ditto, bend them back. They are usually in tension anyway, when braking and from road drag. The most likely things that bent them was hooking up tow chains or jacking on them. Maybe if you hit a pothole or curb when going in reverse since that puts them in compression.

-
Back