Early A's running magnum manifolds?

-
I just picked up some 340 log's for the 66 i hope they work.

I thought they widened out the steering wrap-around part of the drivers manifold on the 340's. It'd be interesting to know as the 340's flow better than the 273's.

340's WAY outflow the 273's check the id of the exhaust flange, its about 1/2 bigger on the 340. Hi-Po 340's wont fit '65 273 power steering without a little grinding as I recall 25 years ago. Early magnums are supposed to be even better per Ehrenburg without the mismatched driver /passenger 340 shapes. But you saw the Magnums on that 65, they fit with a little creative shimming, as everything else Mopar...Im in the market for some 92-93 logs, any sellers?

340's WAY outflow the 273's check the id of the exhaust flange, its about 1/2 bigger on the 340. Hi-Po 340's wont fit '65 273 power steering without a little grinding as I recall 25 years ago. Early magnums are supposed to be even better per Ehrenburg without the mismatched driver /passenger 340 shapes. But you saw the Magnums on that 65, they fit with a little creative shimming, as everything else Mopar...Im in the market for some 92-93 logs, any sellers?

I do have a pair for sale castings 53006618 & 53006619 but shipping would be a deal killer for sure from Ottawa, Canada.
http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...um-exhaust-manifolds-MOPAR-W0QQAdIdZ302008751

If you use Magnum manifolds the 1992/93 models had larger inside deminsions and flow considerably better. It doesnt matter if they are 5.2 or 5.9,all the same.

here is a late 92 93 dakota manifolds that I put in my 65 Dart has 318 IN IT.

Attachments

• 360 380 magnum 019 (Large).jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 359
  • 360 380 magnum 020 (Large).jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 354
  • 360 380 magnum 015 (Large).jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 353
  • 360 380 magnum 016 (Large).jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 355
  • 360 380 magnum 017 (Large).jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 332
  • 360 380 magnum 018 (Large).jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 330
didn't move the steering colulm raise the motor about a quarter of a inch on bolth sides and works great the u joints came out of 2 dakotas and I made them work and it steers real nice with no problems

here is a late 92 93 dakota manifolds that I put in my 65 Dart has 318 IN IT.

i have a pair tucked away just incase,,,i dont remember the drivers side exit looking like that if i rememebr correctly its a mirror of the passenger side,, did thay change the exit for different years or trucks??

Looks like the Magnum manifolds work with a little tweeking(like everyting has been on my 63).
If that's the case here's a thought.
Would you think that rear dump shorty headers for a Magnum Dakota or Ram, that hook up to the stock head pipes might work as well? Cheap!
Painted @ $220/set and lots of manufacturers, prices go up from there.
My hacked up tight tubes work, but the center dump is a nightmare trying to get around steering linkage. Spitz look a lot like what I did to my Headmans...restricted! Fenderwells may be a thought. Don't know if TTI fits with a 727 but sooo pricey. What ya'll think? Has any one tried?

Attachments

• dakotaheaders.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 290
  • Jan 12 dart 036.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 268
so these magnum exhaust manifolds wont work on a 4speed with the zbar in place only a slave cylinder?

Couldn't say if they would clear a 'z' bar or not - I put the hydraulic set up in when I converted it to a 4 speed.

Looks like the Magnum manifolds work with a little tweeking(like everyting has been on my 63).
If that's the case here's a thought.
Would you think that rear dump shorty headers for a Magnum Dakota or Ram, that hook up to the stock head pipes might work as well? Cheap!
Painted @ $220/set and lots of manufacturers, prices go up from there.
My hacked up tight tubes work, but the center dump is a nightmare trying to get around steering linkage. Spitz look a lot like what I did to my Headmans...restricted! Fenderwells may be a thought. Don't know if TTI fits with a 727 but sooo pricey. What ya'll think? Has any one tried?

I bought and eyeballed some of these on a 65 A body. They looked like they might be ok on driver side. Passenger side the tubes went out to far and you wouldn't be able to get it on because the inner fender is to close to the engine.

Thanks zhandfull! I figured somone looked at this before. I expected to here that the drivers side would be the problem side. I'm pretty handy with the TIG, think they could be modified to fit with out totally mutilating them? :violent1:

-
Back