Early Mopar DD-1 Medium Blue Poly

-

Soren

Reaction score
I am trying to decide what color to paint my '63 Dart GT. The original paint code is DD-1 Medium Blue Poly. I am trying to decide whether to stick with that or do something different. I have an original paint chip book, but it is hard to imagine in mind the whole car that color. Does anyone have an early Dart or Valiant painted that color? If so, can you post pics?

Snake skin green. You'll never lose with snake skin green.

It's a classic car, I would go wild...Porsche strawberry or wild purple. But that's just me, if you prefer to keep it more on the stock side I'm sure other's will have some pics for you. Also...the interior color limits your options unless you're doing it (inside and out)??

Treblig

Also...the interior color limits your options unless you're doing it (inside and out)??
That's one of the reasons I am trying to decide now what color to go with. Everything needs to be repainted. I have decided that whatever paint color I go with, I am going to do the upholstery and carpet in black. But I don't want to paint the metal surfaces on the interior black.

Tbh, I think any color except purple or brown.

For me, any solid color looks way better with a contrasting white/black accent. Any color with blackout or lighter colors with white accents (and/or polished stainless and chrome) is going to be sharp.

If you go flip flop, keep it to a simple single color change, Not that green brown red yellow purple gold look. Ugh!

If you're liking the blue but not sure, it might be easier to find a later B3/B5 blue car and see what they look like in comparison.

And...... car shows!

Got any pictures you can post with comparable color? Maybe a Photoshop whiz can work their magic on a picture of your car.

And you gotta look at the whole picture. Gloss black rims? Looks like hell against metallic paint. Looks badass against simple reds, blue and yellows. Your car has lots of trim? See above about accents. You running stripped down and dirty? Consider a color that's not so rich or deep metallic.

-
Back