-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrencher

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Hello, I recently installed a 120a alternator on my '66 /6. I had to trim my mounting bracket a bit to get the new alternator to slide on. Well I didnt have the right tools and it looks terrible. The bracket is pretty thin so I dont want to push my luck trying to clean it up.

I need a new one so I can do it right this time. Please lmk. I prefer paypal. Thank you

I've got a few. 15.00 plus the ride.

Attachments

• 2013-02-10_09-47-39_69.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 330
  • 2013-02-10_09-47-55_125.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 237
thats too big of alt 65 enough with an 85 voltage reg unlesss you rewired thecar or youare going to have a wire fire and burn down a nice car if not just minor
he has good price jump on it getting hard to find

Hello, I recently installed a 120a alternator on my '66 /6. I had to trim my mounting bracket a bit to get the new alternator to slide on. Well I didnt have the right tools and it looks terrible. The bracket is pretty thin so I dont want to push my luck trying to clean it up.

I need a new one so I can do it right this time. Please lmk. I prefer paypal. Thank you

When you say early, you talking right or left side of motor, or 66 vintage?
IE '60's were on the battery side and then moved to the passenger side.

2many mopars..... Great name btw lol. That is what i need and i will take it. Shoot me your paypal info, my zip code is 36203

Winstoninwisc- overkill is underrated:) lol
On a serious note, ive done a fair amount of rewiring as well as replaced the original alt wire with an 8awg wire. Bypassed the dash amp gauge, and the starter relay is now the main battery buss. The charging wire goes straight to the battery for the most part, minus the stop at the relay.

The ignition wire that powered the original mech. Regulator now powers a relay, which then goes to one of the field wires. The solid state regulator i purchased is for the same vehicle the alternator is for. Field wiresare also new, and oversized. No fire risk here. The alternator cruises along nicely and the battery voltage never drops, even a little. Couldnt be happier with the results. If only i didnt butcher my bracket.

Hyper pak- i knew there were two different brackets from a previous thread where i asked. I must have misunderstood. The one in the pictures is exactly right. Looks just like the one i answered.

Ram45red. Thank you, but im going to get the one in the first reply, given we can get rolling on it in the next day or two.

Thank you guys. Youve helped me out yet again:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back