Early Valve Cover Breathers

-

salinasjoel

Learning Daily
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find a PCV/Breather for the Early 273 valve covers? The grommets for the aftermarket stuff I have seen have too small of an outer diameter.

Are you referring to the 67-up valve covers - those used the grommet with the PCV valve. If so, I found someone on eBay selling NOS grommets. I used one in a slant valve cover and it fit perfectly.

No these are off of a non charger/commando 65. which do not use a grommet but I wasn't sure if you could get them without anymore

So stove pipe type covers? Picture would be nice. Thanks

So stove pipe type covers? Picture would be nice. Thanks

If it is the stovepipe cover for a non-Commando, I've got a few laying around. Add your PCV valve (available brand new from multiple vendors on eBay). Doesn't use a grommet

64-66 used stove pipe covers for 2 or 4 barrell engines. 67 used a grommet for the pcv. If you have grommet covers on your engine they are later model ones.

Thanks guys, stove pipe is what I need thank you. The PCV and Breather I have that uses grommet type were aftermarket Mopar Performance, but the passenger side leaks onto the exhaust manifold at the firewall, so I am thinking it may be bent out of shape, I have tried a lot of things to get it to quit leaking and its just being stubborn so I was going to throw the stock ones that came with it when I bought the car back on to see if I can get the leak to stop that way.

-
Back