early vs late k-frame bolt pattern

-

abdywgn

dismantler
Reaction score
what is the center to center distance of where the k-frame bolts to the rails? this would be on the same side, front to back and not one frame rail to another. looking for the dimensions of the 63-66 cars and 67 to 76 cars. Thanks!

what is the center to center distance of where the k-frame bolts to the rails? this would be on the same side, front to back and not one frame rail to another. looking for the dimensions of the 63-66 cars and 67 to 76 cars. Thanks!
If I remember correctly the hole width centerlines are 33” ‘67-‘76 and 31-1/2” on ‘62-‘66 I will be in the barn shortly and measure again.

Mr. Sinister, that is a good dimension to know also but I'm looking for the center to center holes on one side of the k-frame. I think the ones you gave me are almost frame rail to frame rail centerline. but now I don't have to ask that question. Thanks!
(any story on your car donation?)

I'm thinking the late model ones are in a chassis dimension chart in the shop manual? I can never remember just where to find those

EDIT Here is 67 from the "body" section, but the do not appear to show the front/ rear dimension. Width appears to be 32.2"

67BodyAlignment.jpg

Last edited:
Guys, he's asking for the front to back center-to-center measurement of the k-frame mounting bolts - not side-to-side

I got 12-5/16" on my '66 Dart and 12-7/16" on my '68 Dart. I was on my back eye-ballin' the tape measure with the cars on the ground though, so I'd say those numbers are +/- 1/8". Also, those are both on the passenger side. I didn't check to see if they're the same on both sides I'd assume they are, but who knows?

Hope this helps.

Guys, he's asking for the front to back center-to-center measurement of the k-frame mounting bolts - not side-to-side

I got 12-5/16" on my '66 Dart and 12-7/16" on my '68 Dart. I was on my back eye-ballin' the tape measure with the cars on the ground though, so I'd say those numbers are +/- 1/8". Also, those are both on the passenger side. I didn't check to see if they're the same on both sides I'd assume they are, but who knows?

Hope this helps.
Yup! Those were the dimensions I'm looking for. All the other pictures and dimensions are just icing on the cake! Thanks everybody for your help! Bob

-
Back