FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm on often enough, but not selling or hunting

I'll be dammed if I can figure out how to post a search for a part

For “wanted”

Go to “forums”

Hit “post thread”

Scroll down to “wanted” (it’s past the tech threads)

Post up!!

search for a part

In the search, if you want to string search words together use the + sign between words without spaces

340+headers

You can also check the box that states

∆ Search titles only

You can also select in the drop down whether you want to search

Everywhere
Threads
This Forum
This Thread

If you go to the Advanced search, it allows you to sort results by date and not Relevance (which is the default)

If you use your browser "Back" button you can return to the results to check the next thread.

If you switch from the basic search to the Advanced Search, you'll have to re-enter the criteria again. It doesn't persist

post a search for a part

I assumed you were not wanting to post a Wanted thread of your own

Good luck

Funny, i was assuming he wanted to post a “wanted” thread.

Words. Ugh.
Exactly what he wanted to do. He never got back here to answer us. I see he needed a z bar and he just asked in a general thread. That's a no no in these parts. LOL

Go to the search box (upper right) and type in what you are looking for. Now, ig you put "headers" every post that has the word headers in it will be listed. That's how it works. Too bad the software doesn't have an option where you could click on "Marketplace threads only" but the software doesn't allow it. I usually go to forums and then look at the Marketplace forum that would have the item I was looking for.

Are you wanting to place a Wanted ad?

Michael Brisebois

Yeah, that’s not true. You can search just the specific classified section you want, just like described by WV64Signet below

In the search, if you want to string search words together use the + sign between words without spaces

340+headers

∆ Search titles only

Everywhere
Threads
This Forum
This Thread

If you go to the Advanced search, it allows you to sort results by date and not Relevance (which is the default)

If you use your browser "Back" button you can return to the results to check the next thread.

If you switch from the basic search to the Advanced Search, you'll have to re-enter the criteria again. It doesn't persist

Good luck

Exactly!!!

So the OP was looking for a z-bar. So I went to the “mechanical parts for sale” section of the classifieds and went to the search box. Then, pick “this forum” - like this

IMG_7768.jpeg

Then just hit return. See, the search is only in mechanical parts, and you can see the results are all z-bars. You can narrow it down further like @WV64Signet said as well, sorting by date etc

IMG_7769.jpeg

340+headers

∆ Search titles only

Everywhere
Threads
This Forum
This Thread

Good luck
I have never noticed or used the dropdown for This forum, this thread, etc. I remember it used to be included in the advanced features and disappeared from there with the last software change. My bad.

-
Back