Eastwood paint

-

mopar4406bbl

Reaction score
Anyone use Eastwood paint? I want to paint my Duster with their Boulevard Black acrlic urethane ,but don't know anyone that has used Eastwood products.I also like their candeez colors. thanks for any feedback.

kilburn

I have used Eastwood's manifold dressing for a cast iron manifold and it was great! You have to cure the "paint" with heat by running it within a few hours of painting it. I have also used their cadmium paint (4 can process) that works pretty good and looks like golden cad. The only issue I had was some chipping, but I would have expected that with most any paint I used. I will probably use their spray-on Rust Encapsulator under the chassis instead of POR-15 simply because I can spray it on, which is easier IMO.

For interior vinyl and plastic paint/dye, I love SEM products--Landau Black is the bomb.

Davy

The last 4 things I have bought from Eastwood sucked; didn't work, was too old to come out the tube, etc. And over-priced.

The last 4 things I have bought from Eastwood sucked; didn't work, was too old to come out the tube, etc. And over-priced.

Wow, so you did contact them and get your money back or you sent back the products on their dime and then received products that worked, right? They have good customer service, so I would be very puzzled if you just kept the products that apparently didn't work. I'm not doubting you, but I'm having a hard time believing they did nothing to correct the situation that would leave you satisfied.

I heard some mixed information on Eastwood products. But, I went ahead and decided to find out for myself. I bought some black primer to shoot my car with. I thought it was a great product. My car looks good. It is a good quality primer.

I have been using Eastwood products on for years with no problems. buy from them at Carlisle and hershey and of course mail order, and have never gotten any product that was unusable...I would have contacted them and returned it for a replacement. I find all their products to be top shelf and I swear by them.

4 times in a row, sending stuff back, is a waste of my time. If it didn't work the first time, why retry? And I could tell, even if I got a fresher batch; it was crap, over-priced.
Found what I needed at boat store and home depot- a lot cheaper, and it worked.

I used their single stage on the scamp and wasn't very impressed. It's a metallic and if I remember right they said it wasn't. I wasn't too impressed with how it went on either but I wasn't used to shooting single stage paint so that could be it. I think it looks decent on the car but I will be sticking with ppg for my own projects.

I just shot some Nason (dupont) from the local paint store on my interior and trunk; first time with a low volume, and compressor kept trying to take a crap. And then I realized I was shooting metallic. And almost freaked.
It came out pretty good. That paint is catalized, too, so dust free in 30 min.

I've used a number of Eastwood products with no problems. They are a little high priced though.

Looks like they buy their paint from Tri-County Paint aka TCP Global. I have a customer that bought their paint for me to shoot his '66 Coronet and I immediately recognized it as the "Restoration Shop" product that TCP sells. You can buy it a lot cheaper direct from TCP.

BTW - I will be shooting the engine compartment on the Coronet within the next 2 weeks. I'll post a review of it when I get r done. Pretty sure the color he chose was Firemist Orange.

-
Back