easy rear lift?

-

75gold.uster

Reaction score
ive been told the eastiest and cheapest to lift the rear of your car is to install blocks.... i have been looking and havent found any for a 75 duster. any one know where i can find them? 2 or 3 inch blocks? thanks!

ive been told the eastiest and cheapest to lift the rear of your car is to install blocks.... i have been looking and havent found any for a 75 duster. any one know where i can find them? 2 or 3 inch blocks? thanks!

Block will lift the rear if the springs are on the axle. On your Duster the axle is on the spring, so adding blocks will lower your car. You can use air shocks, longer shacles, or leaf springs with more of an arch.

Block will lift the rear if the springs are on the axle. On your Duster the axle is on the spring, so adding blocks will lower your car. You can use air shocks, longer shacles, or leaf springs with more of an arch.

you know where i can find any of that? thanks!

Buy HD springs through Mopar Performance and an ADD-A-LEAF it lifts it great.
Iknow it aint a-body but it has been like this for 20 years and no sagin problems.

Attachments

• Dad Charger 2.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 191

blocks will lower the car.

do it right and just stick new springs on it..

ok their site is down at this moment but give them a call. you can buy XHD springs in stock height, +1" and +2" heights. they don't list them on their site any more but call them, they sell everything you need. awesome customer service too.. http://www.springsnthings.com/

I put air bladder shocks on my 65 Newport ~1996. They still work fine today. I recall seeing similar on Autozone's site for ~$80/pr. Can easily set the height w/ a bicycle pump (fitting in trunk). All mafia guys and drug runners use them.

Air shocks can break off bolts, especially at the top. They (bolts/studs) were not designed to support the weight of the car on a constant basis only for controlling the bouncing as the car drives. The springs do all the supporting.
The only way to do it right is new springs or have the old ones re-arced and perhaps a leaf or two added. Very cheap and easy to do as well.

air shocks can break off bolts, especially at the top. They (bolts/studs) were not designed to support the weight of the car on a constant basis only for controlling the bouncing as the car drives. The springs do all the supporting.
The only way to do it right is new springs or have the old ones re-arced and perhaps a leaf or two added. Very cheap and easy to do as well.

+1

i have had the same air shocks for 10 years and the bolts are doing just fine. unless they are rusted out or you are loading cement bricks in the trunk , air shocks work fine. i wouldnt write this if i didnt know.

While they may be able to handle the load the mounts are not designed for it. Remember that production lines tolerances varied wildly from car to car and year to year. Air springs used to lift a cars bind up the suspension and load a structure of the car not designed to support the car. Some cars will handle it just fine, but since we do not know the condition or intended use of the car it is safer to assume the worst.

Air shock wouldn't have saved this car

http://www.stamey.info/images/Temp/HomeDepotTrip.jpg

I wanted a higher lift and called Calvert Racing. I told them I wanted another 2" in height and they sold me some mono leafs that I love. It really brought the rear end up.

I like the 002 & 003 super stock leaf springs available at Mancini Racing. they lift the back a few inches and give it a nice stance.

But if you want to lift YOUR rear a few inches, may I suggest a nice pair of 4" - 6" stillettos... LOL!

Air shocks definately will lift the rear, thats not the issue here. The correct way to do it, is the way it was designed and built from the factory. The price of re-arcing springs is really cheap and a simple enough job to do. I had these done back to the factory arc specs and they added 2 small leafs to each side. I also used the 1" Hemi Torsion bars in the front. The ride is amazing and I don't think you can beat the stance..........

Attachments

• DSC_0380 (Medium).jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC02209 (Medium).jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 169
  • DSC_0410 (Medium).jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 178
-
Back