ebay fabricated aluminum valve covers ?

-

71scamp78

Reaction score
Has any bought and used these. Price is great just wondering about quality these are on ebay and sold out of California. Any recommendations for good valve covers not cheap thin metal ones

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-20-18-35-31.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 492
Friend of mine bought and uses a set on his nhra stocker 70 duster...they seem to be working ok...

I just got a set last week...bolted them on a engine...they fit...LOL....

my only dislike ...i am use the MP cast aluminum ones that have a lip all the way around the valve cover that holds the gasket ....these do not have one...I will probably put a small amount of rtv on the cover to glue the gasket to them...

but the rubber grommet i have fits perfect unlike the mopar cast ones..

Friend of mine bought and uses a set on his nhra stocker 70 duster...they seem to be working ok...

I just got a set last week...bolted them on a engine...they fit...LOL....

my only dislike ...i am use the MP cast aluminum ones that have a lip all the way around the valve cover that holds the gasket ....these do not have one...I will probably put a small amount of rtv on the cover to glue the gasket to them...

but the rubber grommet i have fits perfect unlike the mopar cast ones..

Hmm I seen they don't have a lip and that scares me. Do they seem to have straight and level gasket surface. As long as they don't leak be a nice set

I bought a set for on mine and they fit fine. I made sure they sat flat on the head first without any warpage. Have not started engine yet so cant say much more about them.
Rod

I have had them on my 273 for over a year with no leaks or issues.

Attachments

• cuda plant.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 323
477-228x228.jpg

Rev's Auto $70, shipping may make the difference up...

http://www.revsauto.com/mopar-chrys...-valve-covers-tall-w-hole?search=MOPAR&page=4

I have them on mine. Had no problems with the first Eddie performer. I had a Eddie air gap on for a short amount of time but when first installed I had to clear a little bit with a grinder, because they rode on the intake a little an caused leak. It was a easy fix. They are still on my car with no problems.

got 'em,Had to modify the bolt tubes a hair to line up without stressing the bolts. Had to grind away for the injector bosses. I used moroso's "rubber"/steel gaskets. they fit flat and tight.

Attachments

• 20151221_195610[1].jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 224
I know I'm resurrecting an old post here but, I just picked up a set of these from a local CL ad for $25 still new in the box.
the seller said, they were for LA and they didn't fit his Magnum head. I plan on using them on a HQ Magnum Headed 340 and wondered if
anyone ran across an interference? If so, how did you work around it? My heads are currently at the machine shop so I cant check the fit yet myself.

Only interference would be hanging up on a runner but they said there was no "M/T" lip so I don't see that happening...? Someone bring back the squarosh as cast model.

Only interference would be hanging up on a runner but they said there was no "M/T" lip so I don't see that happening...? Someone bring back the squarosh as cast model.

I am a little skeptical of the flat base sealing correctly. They appear to have a enough material where I could mill a recessed section and leave a lip that would hang over the head a little. When the seller was talking about interface on a magnum head it sounded like a plastic retainer being in the way. He wasn't being real clear on describing it but I figured the price I'd take a chance and work with them.

-
Back