ebay item#161614973156

-
I'll never understand...
why people don't put a link to said overpriced car on eBay instead of posting the item number?!?!

Hey, if he can get some fish to bite on that price more power to him. More than likely someone will contact him through the phone number listed and the car will sell at a substantially lower price and eBay won't get a cut of the money and all the seller is out is the original listing fee of a couple of bucks.

That looks like a member here old car.

$0 listing fee if you only sell 1-6 cars per year . $60.00 to sell under $2000 and $125 for $2000 up . pretty cheap for world wild coverage .

It's the old saying something is worth what, What someone will pay. Is it a little much? Sure is Sweet. Ever since I've been around these cars I never cared what originally came with it.

I've seen it listed also. Vanguard car's are always jacked up.....pretty much like all of the classic dealers. It's actually a pretty nice car if that's what you're into. Would I personally pay anywhere near that price, ah...No! :D

Just on e-bay and came acrosss this..I'll never understand what makes people think their cars are worth this kind of money..because they put a hemi in it..pleaseeee at the end of the day its still a'73 Factory slant six car..not worth anything near the selling price..

No, at the end of the day it's a '73 Duster with a Ray Barton 472 Hemi.

No factory Duster ever came with Hemi. Or even a big block! So it's not like there's any chance it's a matching numbers car. A low mile /6 car is perfect for that build. Its not like it would be worth a ton more if they'd started with a 340 car. Non-numbers is non-numbers.

I don't think its worth $70k either, but what it was doesn't matter. All that matters is it's a really nice looking car with a really serious Hemi.

A Ray Barton 472 Hemi... IF thats what that is............. that motor alone is worth some serious cash if its done RIGHT!

Even so............ doesn't make the car worth $70K atthe end of the day, UNLESS that engine got SERIOUS internal upgrades to make that 472 do SERIOUS records at the track.....BUT it doesn't look that way to me, it looks as tho it was a Ray Barton 472 Hemi built to look "stock" as the 426 Hemi and put into a Duster.......

IF you look at the car NOT the motor, it has had some "upgrades" done to it for racing purposes too, the roll cage that follows the inner fender wells for one. Didn't look close enough at the rest, of the car, BUT it looks to have had some work done not just on the engine to fit, but its surroundings as well. SO this guy selling it MAY have some work and parts fabrication involved (you can see that hes got some into it so....)

I'd say hes trying to warrant getting "paid" for his investment of time and materials all at the same time.....Can't blame him for trying if nothing else!

Like me Pappy always said, theres a sucker born EVERYDAY!

No roll bar in that car just the bars in the engine compartment...Ray Barton hemi really i know a few guys who could tell ya' horror stories of there experiences with him..its nothing more then a wayyyyyy over-priced show poodle,i doubt its ever been near a track..

But ads like that and the drunken fools paying the crazy prices they pay at Barrett Jackson makes a lot of people think they're crap is "gold"...its not. i'd pay more for a 340 car then i ever would for a hemi stuck in a non-hemi car...

It's all about perception.I don't care what he gets for it or what he makes.At least it's not a camaro

So, does this mean that there those out there, who, when it comes time to sell his ride, will be giving it away?

Asking top dollar for what you're trying to sell... imagine that. :roll:

Lets see one of yall build one like it and have enough room to still make a decent profit selling it after all the build costs. Yall must think it's cheap to build one like that. Look at that car. No, they never made a Hemi Duster, but it sure looks like a good factory interpretation. Not to mention all the cool magazine coverage it's had. Yeah I am sure yall would sell your Hemi Duster magazine car for half what they're askin. NOT.

Is that one of Hemi Denny's cars? Regardless, it costs big bucks to build a car like that. I'm with Robert. When some of yall get ready to sell your cars, you better be giving them away, or I'll call you out to be the hypocrite that you are.

So, does this mean that there those out there, who, when it comes time to sell his ride, will be giving it away?

Asking top dollar for what you're trying to sell... imagine that. :roll:

Yeah and askin top dollar for what appears to be a top dollar build. I think some people are just jealous. I know I am. lol

Curious to what Hemi Denny sold it for. Anyone remember it being advertised?

I have a feeling it sold for less then. Just a guess.

When I drop bait in the ocean........

A car is worth something to someone and nothing to everyone else.
What YOU are willing to pay is one thing. If the person (Fool) next to you is willing to fork over the money, well, a fool and his money are easy to part with.

70K to spend, hummmm. A 70 GTX 4 spd would be my catch for a classic.
A new HEMI 300 for me & a HEMI Durango for the wife is probably what I would honestly do.

Lets see one of yall build one like it and have enough room to still make a decent profit selling it after all the build costs. Yall must think it's cheap to build one like that. Look at that car. No, they never made a Hemi Duster, but it sure looks like a good factory interpretation. Not to mention all the cool magazine coverage it's had. Yeah I am sure yall would sell your Hemi Duster magazine car for half what they're askin. NOT.

Is that one of Hemi Denny's cars? Regardless, it costs big bucks to build a car like that. I'm with Robert. When some of yall get ready to sell your cars, you better be giving them away, or I'll call you out to be the hypocrite that you are.

Please..other then the hemi and custom front suspension it looks like Al Bundys car...

-
Back