ebay kick down and throttle kit...?

-

71scamp78

Reaction score
I bought this kit on eBay and it looks real nice just like the lokar setup. It comes with bracket, kickdown cable , throttle cable . It was only 75.00 shipped has anyone else used one. If not I will post a review on it next week when I get it installed. I have had a lokar kit so I can compare to two. Thanks

Attachments

• rps20141227_080509.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 200
I bought this kit on eBay and it looks real nice just like the lokar setup. It comes with bracket, kickdown cable , throttle cable . It was only 75.00 shipped has anyone else used one. If not I will post a review on it next week when I get it installed. I have had a lokar kit so I can compare to two. Thanks

went w/ the throttle cable,(3rd one I`ve used) but decided to go w/ the bouchillon on the kick down---------bob

I bought it and ripped it out of the car with in a month and went with Lokar. I hated it! I thought it would be a good kit and appears to be a good kit, but I was unhappy with the quality of it overall. It has been discussed a few times on here.

What's so bad looks like exact same materials

They have smaller outer sheaths, they didnt stay in the brackets and kept sliding out. The connector that attaches to the throttle pin and the one that goes on the kickdown linkage, has a spring clip to snap onto the pin. It was not springy at all and stretched out and kept falling off the pins. I had to take a pair of pliers and pinch it shut over the pin. Which did not last long at all. The set screws stripped out upon final tightening. Just overall cheap. You get what you pay for.

Im sure some have had good luck with them, but I will never buy them again.

its a cheap copy of a lokar set up.. spen the extra and get th ereal thing. its cheap for a reason.

I've installed 3 of those kickdown kits. Yes, there is a difference between it and the Lokar kit, but it is priced more accordingly to the materials used. The Lokar kit is overpriced for what you get IMO. To help with the braids unwininding, a trick that I used on the last one was to get a long (3 ft length) piece of shrink tubing and encase the stainless inside of it. We did it to make it not stand out as much (it is the only braided stainless under the hood) and it came out AWESOME. Wish I took a picture of it. Another way to stop the braids from unwinding is to wrap the end with electrical tape after cutting.

-
Back