ebay problem

-

iggys68dart

Reaction score
sold a item to a guy in calfornia and i shipped it 2 weeks ago with insurance and confirmation #. buyer says he never got it and wants full refund .but confirmation # says it was delivered. anyone else had a problem like this before.

Tough one to call..

...I think it is now in the buyer's hands..the shipping company said it was shipped and recieved.. his wife or kids may have picked it up and forgotten to tell him....

Hope he had you insure it..

Ian.

usps and i insured it as i do anything over 50 bucks just for piece of mind i just dont understand him wanting a refund on soething that says was delivered 3 days after i shipped it he is wanting full name and address now

Tell him to contact the shipping company. Let me know that it shows it was delivered ( verify that the address is correct ). He should be able to see that it shows delivered with the tracking #.

Tell him he will have to take it up with eBay if the shipping company doesn't pan out. As long as you have your evidence that it was delivered ( the tracking # ), eBay wont award him his claim ( or at least, wont make you pay for it ).

RTom

cool i got all reciepts as i kind of had a funny feeling about him cause he had a list of criteria i should follow in order to ship to him

..yeah..if it is insured..he has to do the claim..this is with canpost and USPS..you can help but you have absolutely no responsibility.

Glad you asked.

Grassy

He probably got it and said he didn't just to get something for nothing. I sold something a week or so ago and the lady complained I charged her shipping and said my auction said free shipping. Well I didn't and have no clue where she seen it but her eyes are shot or something. She had allot of bad feedback anyway so I figure it was her trying to cheat me.

How much was the selling price of your item?

I've had 2 things with delivery confirmation say they were delivered and they weren't. One confirmation said it was delivered, yet it wasn't here. It eventually showed up 4 or 5 months later. Another was a set of pistons that said they were delivered and never showed up. Paypal sided with the seller in that case because of the $ amount, but, I told them I was charging it back to them through my credit card company. I got my refund but it was a hassle.

Confirmation doesn't mean he/she signed for it.

Bottom line when selling on e-bay... EVERYTHING gets sent with recipients signature required... PERIOD!!!

What i can't stand is people jacking other people around just to save a buck.
How many useless, conniving, waste of skin people are out there?
Personally, if you got pick up confirmation, i'd tell him to SHOVE IT! (and grow the f*** up too!)
Case closed.

If 65 is the $ amount, paypal will not side with the buyer with a regular delivery confirmation. The issue you may have is if the buyer paid with a credit card. They can do a chargeback. You sent it per Paypals shipping requirements and they should stand behind the policy. Since paypal wants to dink people for a % of each transaction, this is part of the cost of doing business for them.

I had a FedEx ground driver drop something on my porch the other day that wasn't mine. Right street, wrong house number. I caught him before he left and he took it to the correct house. Address on the box was not my house, but the computer in the truck told him to deliver it to my home... go figure.

Build the cost of signature confirmation into your shipping cost and this type of thing will likely not happen.

Good luck with it.

Stay firm with them or start a "problem with buyer" report with ebay. You have tracking number that shows delivery. End of case. We get this problem from time to time and as soon as we show the confirmed delivery they suddenly "find" it.

File a claim. That's what your receipts are for. That's why you paid for insurance. After that, it's on the Post Office. It's a well known fact that the Post Office takes 6-8 weeks to investigate, correct or issue a refund. File the claim, give proof of the filed claim to your buyer. If that's not good enough for him, then that's too bad because that's all you can do, unless you wanna come out of pocket and refund him the money yourself. Then you run the risk of the PO finding and delivering the package and then he'd have the money and the package. That would suck.

if you shipped through ups, they will be the ones to refund the money.

i know if i order something, i always like to sign for it, as with the post office confr# is bullshit. they say they sign for it, and leave it at your doorstep. well, this world is not full of honest people anymore. whoever the shipping company was, they are responsible for it as a loss on them

I ran into that situation a few years back. I sold a dash pad and the buyer said he never recieved it. I had confirmation he recieved it. He was trying to get the item from me for free by trying to make me give his money back to him. I told him I knew what he was trying to pull and I wasn't going for it. I never heard from him again.

I have done over 600 transactions on ebay. If he paid you through paypal you have 3 modes of protection on your side since usps shows delivered. ebay, paypal, and usps since it was insured. You should do what you can to assist but do not refund his money unless the insurance pays you first.

I have done over 600 transactions on ebay. If he paid you through paypal you have 3 modes of protection on your side since usps shows delivered. ebay, paypal, and usps since it was insured. You should do what you can to assist but do not refund his money unless the insurance pays you first.
cool gotcha and thanks i thought i did everything right on my end

cool i got all reciepts as i kind of had a funny feeling about him cause he had a list of criteria i should follow in order to ship to him

That kind of sounds like a bit of a scammer with the criteria and everything. DO not send him adress or anything. What is he gonna do, you have all the reciepts and records of delivery. Send him a copy of the delivery reciept!

..................Always print off a shipping lable through paypal.........kim...........

Great suggestion. Another plus is the shipping is cheaper that way. I don't even bother with selling stuff on E-bag anymore. Too many people trying to pull scams like that. Not worth the hassle IMO.

If you go to your sold items page click the box next to the item. Then go to the bottom and click add tracking number. Enter the number in the box that comes up and USPS in the shipper box. This will log it through Ebay same as if you printed a shipping label through Ebay and will confirm for them and Paypal that the item was shipped and delivered.

-
Back